Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Head/cam package from Texas Speed

This is a discussion on Head/cam package from Texas Speed within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Found out my alternator was giving up, ran it about a week doing the pulsing thing and then my alternator ...

blue
    97 LT1 trans am

Found out my alternator was giving up, ran it about a week doing the pulsing thing and then my alternator dropped voltage altogether and also when it was doing the pulse thing I lost a headlight, I guess it was just the headlights time.. Thank god my alternator has a lifetime warranty.. I just got a new one and got it in on yesterday. Running good. Hope to make it to the track within a couple months. I need to get some nitto's or some good traction tires now with that 3400 stall, My tires break loose even when I'm going idle-40MPH sometimes even higher.. It really has alot of torque now, even with 273gears.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

You did the cam install by yourself? Or did you have a buddy help ya? I am hoping to be able to tackle that install myself this spring. Congrats on the Install and new feel of the car.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

blue
    97 LT1 trans am

Yep, Did all by myself, had a friend help with putting my transmission in tho, just to get it bolted up.. The cam is the easiest part of the swap, the springs were a problem for me at first, I probably spent 6 hours just on springs(2 hours just on the back pass side springs.. But I also had the spring compressor I bought the clip that held it together broke so I always had it falling apart (1hour) but then on the back pass springs I had to remove my hoses on my heater and it was easy.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

did you install your TC also, if so did you use a write up and where did you find the write up. I am hoping to do these installs in the spring or summer.

blue
    97 LT1 trans am

To simple for a write-up in fact I've had my tranny out 2 times and put back in, the converter is just as easy to put in as any other converter, just take everything connected to the tranny out of the way and drop her down, be sure to have a good 2 ft worth of extrensions to get some of the top bolts that bolt the tranny to the motor, those were about the hardest part of the removal, and also I took my tranny out and put it in by myself.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Sweet! I am feeling alot more optimistic about doing my installs now, Appreciate you sharing with me.

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

ls1 Trans---how did you talk w/ them(phone ,email) to order your stuff? i've sent them a few e-mails w/ no reply i'm thinking of going w/ speed inc if i don't hear from them soon!
    LS7 clutch,01 slave,Corsa 3" stainless exhuast,drilled/slotted rotors + ceramic pads,160 thermo,Mti clear lid,msd 8.5 wires & Ngk plugs...more to come!
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2311455

blue
    97 LT1 trans am

Just ordered what I wanted off their site and everything came in pretty fast, you know since Oklahoma and Texas are close and all.. But the gaskets kit was on backorder so it came in like the following week, Which I ended up pulley my crank back off to replace the seal and gaskets, because I could tell they were starting to leak.

Custom Built Rock Crawler rustynuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1 Trans am View Post
    Just ordered what I wanted off their site and everything came in pretty fast, you know since Oklahoma and Texas are close and all..

NOW I KNOW WHERE MY MONEY WENT YOU SCREWED ME OUT OF. ANYTIME YOU'RE MAN ENOUGH TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT, YOU LET ME KNOW. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS RESPOND TO ONE OF MY SEVERAL UNANSWERED PM'S.

BEWARE OF LS1 TRANS AM. HE SCREWED ME AND HE'LL SCREW YOU TOO....

READ ABOUT HIM HERE

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...871#post766871

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

What comes around goes around.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information