NBM
    1998Z28

Harland Sharps roller rockers.

Well I got my Jegs Christmas catalog with santa sitting in the old chevy yesterday and was suprised to see them listing some LS1 parts along with the rest of the chevy lineups. What caught my eye was Harland Sharps Roller Rockers for a little over $400 for the LS1s. Has anybody tried these and seen anykind of power improvement out of them? I was also wondering are these actually a bolt in no fuss type of item or will you need to clearance the heads or valve covers any with these. I know the stock rockers are good but with .639 lifting going on that roller tipped rocker might be worth it.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

I used a set on my 2000 T/A and had to remove the baffles from the valve covers. Other than that they were just a bolt on item. Your are supposed to check to make sure the lifter adj is ok. Mine was ok. No horse power gain just peace of mind that the oe rockers are not in there any more. Stock rockers have been known to come apart. I got mine from Summit Racing for $399.99

Mag Red
    2002 Vette

I personally think that the Yella Terra's are a better rocker design if you are going with a non-adjustable setup. As for bolt on, I don't believe any rocker is bolt on. You need to check the wipe pattern and then measure for pushrod length do correctly install. The Yella Terra's that I have installed needed the shims that are supplied with the rockers, which in turn necessitated longer pushrods.

As for your lift, you are really loading up the valve guides with that much lift and stock rockers due to the extremely wide wipe pattern that the stock rockers have. I would definitely go to rollers if I were you just to minimize valve guide wear irregardless of any potential power gains.

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

I think if I have time I'm just gonna send my stockers to harland and have them rebuilt so i don't have to worry about the needle bearing issue.

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

I'm think prob. like around 5-10hp on the rockers alone. but the valve train is what needs upgrading. like springs and pushords for the 1:8 ratio so you can take advantage of the power. expect up to 15hp for upgraded valve train. set rev limit to 6500rpm. springs to handle the power and pushrods to handle the beating. check out LS-1 thru LS-7 highperformance book. they did a wirte up on it..

Black
    2003 Corvette

I run them with my setup. Bolted right in with no issues. I don't know if they are the best but they sure are the prettiest:

White
    97 GMC with 02 LS6 engine

I would recommend scorpion for the price. $350.00 - $380.00

If your looking for reliability go with Jesel...............JMHO

BTW, there's nothing wrong with Harland Sharp.

blue & white
    87 s10 blazer

where can i get a set of the scorpion's?

White
    97 GMC with 02 LS6 engine

Mountain Performance has them and if you're in Richmond AED has them 804-271-6076. They might have to order them for you but they're a dealer.

blue & white
    87 s10 blazer

ok cool/ i live about 10 minutes from there. AED has some great carbs. i had one on my old 355 i use to run in the blazer.

Pewter
    2002 Trans am WS6 T-top

Hey PRM, check out a summit catalog sometime. They have 10 pages of parts for the ls1 to choose from(IMO). By the way, summit sells part under there own name. Ls1 rollers rockers for 350.00.

Thread Information