red
    2000 Camaro SS Conv.

got a few quick questions

so i have a 2000 SS conv. a4 and plan on having some work done to it pretty soon. i am going to be dropping it off at Speed Inc in schaumberg,il and having my exhaust system worked on along with a few other things. heres a list of parts.
    pacesetter lt headers, pacesetter ORYpipe, magnaflow catback, all the things to still pass emissions so high flow cats and whatknot. an ls6 intake and now for the questions.

i kind of want to get a cam along with everything but not too sure which one to get or if it will still pass emissions. i have heard a 224 is the best daily driver cam?
    also i am going to need a new set of gears but am not sure which ones to go with. any suggestions on that would be nice to.
    i am most likely going to have them rebuild my trans. wish i had the money for a torque converter, thats going to have to wait though.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I would wait on the tranny rebuild, untill you do the stall... Why pull it twice... You will want to upgrade the clutch basket to a Beast Basket when you add the stall. 3.73's seem to be the best street / track gears ! With OD, you will still have good highway cruising ! Even with a 3000 - 3600 stall !!!
    I am using 4.10 gears with a 4600 stall, and still play on the street some !!!

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by amitc31100 View Post
    so i have a 2000 SS conv. a4 and plan on having some work done to it pretty soon. i am going to be dropping it off at Speed Inc in schaumberg,il and having my exhaust system worked on along with a few other things. heres a list of parts.
    pacesetter lt headers, pacesetter ORYpipe, magnaflow catback, all the things to still pass emissions so high flow cats and whatknot. an ls6 intake and now for the questions.

i kind of want to get a cam along with everything but not too sure which one to get or if it will still pass emissions. i have heard a 224 is the best daily driver cam?
    also i am going to need a new set of gears but am not sure which ones to go with. any suggestions on that would be nice to.
    i am most likely going to have them rebuild my trans. wish i had the money for a torque converter, thats going to have to wait though.
    first off, dont worry about emissions here, i have the same full exhaust as you are going to get and have a 224 cam. i passed emissions. speed makes sure of that.
    to be truthfull, rebuild the trans before the cam, you really need a stall for a cammed car.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Absolutely. A decent size cam will not perform to its full potential with out a stall. Looks like your gonna have to do them both (:

Thread Information