Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Good combo or 99-02 LS1??

This is a discussion on Good combo or 99-02 LS1?? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I'm looking for 400rwhp when I drop in an LS1, and I think I've made a good combo. Chime in ...

  1. #1
    M3+LS1=Badass
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lex-town, ky
    Age
    30
    Posts
    86

    Cosmos black
    1995 BMW M3

    Good combo or 99-02 LS1??

    I'm looking for 400rwhp when I drop in an LS1, and I think I've made a good combo.

    Chime in if there's something that won't work together.


    Patriot Stage 2 "LS6" heads (59cc)

    MS3 237/242 .603/.609 112lsa

    FAST 90/90 combo

    Tuning



    Will this combo get me close? If not what else would you guys recommend?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    M3+LS1=Badass
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lex-town, ky
    Age
    30
    Posts
    86

    Cosmos black
    1995 BMW M3

    Also, who sells the FAST 90/90 the cheapest?

    TS sells it for $1,049.99

    Is that about as cheap as it gets?

  3. #3
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    hell yea is a good combo but hot rod magazine did a write up on intakes, and for the money the LS6 is the best and only costs half of the fast 90 and in the comperrison it was only a 6 hp differance.... but yea good combo, I would expect a gain of over 100 horses

  4. #4
    M3+LS1=Badass
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lex-town, ky
    Age
    30
    Posts
    86

    Cosmos black
    1995 BMW M3

    Quote Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever View Post
    hell yea is a good combo but hot rod magazine did a write up on intakes, and for the money the LS6 is the best and only costs half of the fast 90 and in the comperrison it was only a 6 hp differance.... but yea good combo, I would expect a gain of over 100 horses
    So a stock LS6 intake is better for the money?

    I don't care if I lose a weak 6hp. Where is a good place to get an LS6 intake, and should I still get a 90mm TB? And if so, where should I get the TB??

    So many questions, I know, but I greatly appreciate your help

  5. #5
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    Quote Originally Posted by shaggsm3ls1 View Post
    So a stock LS6 intake is better for the money?

    I don't care if I lose a weak 6hp. Where is a good place to get an LS6 intake, and should I still get a 90mm TB? And if so, where should I get the TB??

    So many questions, I know, but I greatly appreciate your help
    o its cool no worries, yea in October issue of Hot Rod Magazine they compare the 75mm stock ls6 intake, the ls1 intake (shitty), the ls2 intake(shitty) both ls1 and ls2 lost hp...and the Fast 90/90 and there is only 6.6 horse power differance in the fast and the ls6 intakes. (not very much for hp to money ratio...you can pick up a ls6 intake through summit racing for $485 compared to $1,198 bucks for the fast 90/90 set up... the ls6 rocks, people never believe me till they look that article up...lol

  6. #6
    Senior Member Wheeler99WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    indiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,018

    black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by shaggsm3ls1 View Post
    So a stock LS6 intake is better for the money?

    I don't care if I lose a weak 6hp. Where is a good place to get an LS6 intake, and should I still get a 90mm TB? And if so, where should I get the TB??

    So many questions, I know, but I greatly appreciate your help
    If you are going with stg 2 ported LS6 heads and a big cam (MS3) you would be better off with the FAST 90....TS sells a 90mm TB get it too. you will need LT headers and a free flowing exhaust............will you be M6 or A4? Either way with those mods you will pass up your goal of 400rwhp. I would say with just the cam (no heads, no 90mm intake and tb) you would be around 400rwhp.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Wheeler99WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    indiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,018

    black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever View Post
    o its cool no worries, yea in October issue of Hot Rod Magazine they compare the 75mm stock ls6 intake, the ls1 intake (shitty), the ls2 intake(shitty) both ls1 and ls2 lost hp...and the Fast 90/90 and there is only 6.6 horse power differance in the fast and the ls6 intakes. (not very much for hp to money ratio...you can pick up a ls6 intake through summit racing for $485 compared to $1,198 bucks for the fast 90/90 set up... the ls6 rocks, people never believe me till they look that article up...lol
    was the comparison done on a stock car , mildly modified, fully modified?

  8. #8
    Senior Member Wheeler99WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    indiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,018

    black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

    I personally have seen people with same heads and a 224 cam gain almost 30 rwhp when switching from the LS6 intake to the FAST 90

  9. #9
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler99WS6 View Post
    I personally have seen people with same heads and a 224 cam gain almost 30 rwhp when switching from the LS6 intake to the FAST 90
    I see 20-25 solid regularly on H/C cars over the LS6, and I hate it for the price, but the numbers are there.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    40
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggsm3ls1 View Post
    I'm looking for 400rwhp when I drop in an LS1, and I think I've made a good combo.

    Chime in if there's something that won't work together.


    Patriot Stage 2 "LS6" heads (59cc)

    MS3 237/242 .603/.609 112lsa

    FAST 90/90 combo

    Tuning



    Will this combo get me close? If not what else would you guys recommend?

    Thanks in advance
    that combo should see somewhere around 430RWHP easy. people break 400 with a 224 cam and stage 1 heads LS6 and justa ported TB.

  11. #11
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Quote Originally Posted by stoney2677 View Post
    that combo should see somewhere around 430RWHP easy. people break 400 with a 224 cam and stage 1 heads LS6 and justa ported TB.
    Not with an A4, well not commonly with an A4 and those mods...

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    40
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Not with an A4, well not commonly with an A4 and those mods...
    o didnt realize it was an A4. minus 15 or so?

  13. #13
    M3+LS1=Badass
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lex-town, ky
    Age
    30
    Posts
    86

    Cosmos black
    1995 BMW M3

    It's not an A4, I have the T56

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    coral springs,florida
    Age
    49
    Posts
    21

    blue
    2000 firehawk

    Talking cam and intake only 397 rwhp

    I just installed the ms3 cam with dual springs and hardened pushrods on stock non-ported heads with a fast 78 intake and stock exhaust manifolds with ory pipe being my only exhaust mod and with my custom tune i just netted 397 rwhp with my 60k m6 firehawk!Everything else is stock including my throttle body and maf sensor even the muffler is original.I cant wait to start hitting the track and get it all dialed in.

  15. #15
    your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    cleveland ohio
    Posts
    11,376

    trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I see 20-25 solid regularly on H/C cars over the LS6, and I hate it for the price, but the numbers are there.
    26 rwhp over the ls6, there are 2 or 3 write flooting around and over 30 rwhp it you get the tb and the intake ported.
    depends on the port but 33 rwhp was the most they saw.

  16. #16
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Quote Originally Posted by shaggsm3ls1 View Post
    It's not an A4, I have the T56
    my bad guys...

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Knightstown, IN
    Posts
    81

    white
    2000 camaro Z-28

    But for the $600 i'm sure there's a much cheaper way to gain those 30rwhp back. Isn't there???

  18. #18
    M3+LS1=Badass
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lex-town, ky
    Age
    30
    Posts
    86

    Cosmos black
    1995 BMW M3

    Does anyone have a dyno vid of a 98-02 Camaro or Trans-Am with the Patriot Stage 2 "LS6" heads, MS3 cam (or something similar) Fast 90/90, LT's, and tru-duals?

    If we can find a few, then we'll be able to get a good baseline for what this combo can give people

  19. #19
    I Like It Stroked 99Ls1fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeley,Co
    Posts
    1,006

    Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

    Quote Originally Posted by shaggsm3ls1 View Post
    Does anyone have a dyno vid of a 98-02 Camaro or Trans-Am with the Patriot Stage 2 "LS6" heads, MS3 cam (or something similar) Fast 90/90, LT's, and tru-duals?

    If we can find a few, then we'll be able to get a good baseline for what this combo can give people
    i would check you tube, but that seems like it is a great combo to me...

  20. #20
    Senior Member Bottesini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denton, Texas soon Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,955

    Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

    Quote Originally Posted by shaggsm3ls1 View Post
    I'm looking for 400rwhp when I drop in an LS1, and I think I've made a good combo.

    Chime in if there's something that won't work together.


    Patriot Stage 2 "LS6" heads (59cc)

    MS3 237/242 .603/.609 112lsa

    FAST 90/90 combo

    Tuning



    Will this combo get me close? If not what else would you guys recommend?

    Thanks in advance

    This looks like it will be a very powerful combo and I think you will have no problem hitting you goal. Just make sure you have all the supporting mods like exhaust and a lid as well. With my little 226/228 cam I am right around 400 I imagine you will be much higher. If this will be a daily driver though you might want to reconsider that cam at least in my opinion. If it is not then I think you will be having a monster of a car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Is this a good combo
    By karpetcm in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 12:20 PM
  2. Good combo?
    By garver in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 09:13 PM
  3. Is this good combo?
    By imflyn in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 09:01 PM
  4. is this a good combo?
    By third_shift|studios in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 03:47 PM
  5. Good combo?
    By waldo31031 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-23-2006, 10:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •