A few H/C ????

This is a discussion on A few H/C ???? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Well I'm starting to get a little bored with the T/A so I think I'm gonna do some mods. I'm ...

01 Trans Am

A few H/C ????

Well I'm starting to get a little bored with the T/A so I think I'm gonna do some mods. I'm gonna save up and get some LTs and probably a corsa. Then I plan on doing a h/c combo. I haven't really done a lot of research yet, I figured I would start here. I want a lope, a good one, but I don't want my power to be 3000-8500. I want to keep my powerban fairly low as this is my dd, is it possible? For you m6 guys with a bigger cam, how does this affect your 6th gear driving? I guess I'll have to throw some 3.73s on the list too. Another concern about this, since it is my daily and gas ain't gettin no cheaper, how much will all this and a good tune affect my mileage? If it helps the car never sees the track, I rarely even drive it hard. Its just nice to know the power is there if I wanna give the g/f whiplash.

Toronto Canada
    Haha! It'll still drive fine and possibly get better gas milage if the tuner is good! You'll need a 230ish cam and either ported stock heads or aftermarket like AFR 205's... Depends on how much you want to spend on the heads...

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    n/w chicago

2000 nhra edition formula

228/228 cam on 112 lsa will give you the powerband thats great for the street. a pair of dart heads would go good along with it.
    gas wont be affected too much unless you start laying into .
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Thread Information