Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

F-Bofy LSX with 500+ CI!?

This is a discussion on F-Bofy LSX with 500+ CI!? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Arao is a big ol scam, the guy made one set of heads, took orders and money and never produced ...

hugger orange

Arao is a big ol scam, the guy made one set of heads, took orders and money and never produced them

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Whats wrong w/ a 427?
    Where in Cali you being sent to?

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Might want to be careful...I've never seen or heard of anyone running those heads...probably a reason for that.
    I here ya there... My research isn't yielding anyone who have run them and the email I sent Arao a week ago asking for more information on the valvetrain they use and applications has yet to be answered. Though 405cfm is a real eye catcher as I stated before I definetly want to make sure I don't spend all this money on a time bomb instead of a motor.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    Arao is a big ol scam, the guy made one set of heads, took orders and money and never produced them
    Thx for the heads up.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Whats wrong w/ a 427?
    Where in Cali you being sent to?
    Nothing wrong with a 427 at all. Just think it would be the heat to have a 505 in an f-body with a badge to let everyone know what u got. Definetly get some great looks. Even better ones when u let em see nothin but the taillights!!! Ill be down in san clemente by the end of may. Gonna be staitioned right there at camp pendleton.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

you need to keep in mind that with a tall deck.you need custom headers, beyond that the top end is your choke point in a 427ci+ build .......you cant just slap on some patriot heads and call it a day.........you will need to look into wcch All Pro heads and a custom sheet metal or carbon fiber intake manifold ...so right there for the top end just to breathe barely you will be dumping 5k+

it is always good to push the envolpe when it comes to Ci+...but the problem arises that lsx heads always trail the cubic inches of the short blocks....it will take a few more years to get heads that are even capable of 70-80% of the potential a 455+ ci engine could produce.....none the less..you will still be making crazy numbers...keep looking into the lsx tall block ...they are cheaper than other tall blocks etc..........

imho i am fretting over my dream of a ls3 427 and its top end..i couldnt imagine a 500+

hugger orange

Just think about the gen 1 mountian motors, 800+ ci...someday we might get a 800 ci lsx

98' trans am

Just think about the gen 1 mountian motors, 800+ ci...someday we might get a 800 ci lsx
    i dont think that will ever happen tho.. it would be sweet tho

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

How about this set up? its 516

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjowk13eBMc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    How about this set up? its 516

too over the top personally for me.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    you need to keep in mind that with a tall deck.you need custom headers, beyond that the top end is your choke point in a 427ci+ build .......you cant just slap on some patriot heads and call it a day.........you will need to look into wcch All Pro heads and a custom sheet metal or carbon fiber intake manifold ...so right there for the top end just to breathe barely you will be dumping 5k+

it is always good to push the envolpe when it comes to Ci+...but the problem arises that lsx heads always trail the cubic inches of the short blocks....it will take a few more years to get heads that are even capable of 70-80% of the potential a 455+ ci engine could produce.....none the less..you will still be making crazy numbers...keep looking into the lsx tall block ...they are cheaper than other tall blocks etc..........

imho i am fretting over my dream of a ls3 427 and its top end..i couldnt imagine a 500+
    It might not work to its potential, but would be fun as hell to drive if you had any amount of traction. Tons of torque and you wouldn't have to rev it very high. Easier on components that way aswell

hugger orange

With the amount of money spent on this kind of project a narrowed rear and full tub would be well worth it for the traction

Black
    2000 Z-28

With the amount of money spent on this kind of project a narrowed rear and full tub would be well worth it for the traction
    275s FTL!

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    It might not work to its potential, but would be fun as hell to drive if you had any amount of traction. Tons of torque and you wouldn't have to rev it very high. Easier on components that way aswell
    oh i agree.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

My stepfather comes from a long history of northern dirt circle track. There are def transmission, rear end and body mods all up on the drawing board and getting researched in order to allow for this big of a engine

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

so i finally heard back from Arao Sent me back an email asking if the website answered all my questions.... obviously not if I'm emailing you...

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by MudStainKILLA View Post
    so i finally heard back from Arao Sent me back an email asking if the website answered all my questions.... obviously not if I'm emailing you...
    He probably told you to send unmarked $100 dollar bills only! hahaha

IBM
    2005 GTO

the standard LSX block can produce 481ci w/o custom intake, headers, oil pan etc- you do have to run a dry slump oil system.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

Quote Originally Posted by noyz1 View Post
    the standard LSX block can produce 481ci w/o custom intake, headers, oil pan etc- you do have to run a dry slump oil system.
    The tall deck will support 500+ cause it allows for a stroke of 4.500. Ya I figured I'd have to fun a dry sump and prolly a bropped k-frame as well. Also custom bent headers will prolly have to be done up in order to clear through the tight area.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    He probably told you to send unmarked $100 dollar bills only! hahaha
    LMAO! No just that he had them in stock and that the stage threes were the only choice for my build

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information