Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

ETP 215'S VS AFR 205's

This is a discussion on ETP 215'S VS AFR 205's within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by shady milkman its my understanding that afr supplies TFS with their cores Yes, they do....

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    its my understanding that afr supplies TFS with their cores
    Yes, they do.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Yes, they do.
    so then you get AFRs but with some good valve degree work and etc from tfs..that is imho
    Last edited by shady milkman; 07-23-2009 at 06:28 AM.

TFS make good power, but you pay for it. The AFRs are already a little pricey. The TFS and their required components add several hundred more. Between the AFR 205 and TFS 215, I don't think there is much difference in potential. The TFS cars put down really good dyno numbers, but the AFR cars put down good numbers AND it shows at the track. 235cc TFS heads are probably overkill for a 6.0L, but I don't know your setup and expectations. And if you're thinking along those lines, why are we ever talking about the AFR 205? Shouldn't you consider the 225?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I mis-spoke in my cc numbering. 225CC, not 235cc. My bad. 225cc and a 4" bore.

The only reason the 205 came into play was based off a thread I found elsewhere. They were trying to compare the two, and I just threw it out there. Thats said, AFR also has a 215cc head out recently. The web page says it needs a 4.125 gasket minimal, but Mamo had said himself those heads would work on a 3.9. Not having to buy new rockers would be great. Ive also been dancing around the PRC 215cc that recently cam out. But cant get over the obvious sales pitching/marketing BS that goes with any of there heads.

PEWTER
    99 TRANS AM

etp is closed, but it was a split. Karrie the guy who developed the heads is on his own. I forget the name but I will post the number when I get back to the shop. Etp will for sure make more power then the ADR or tfs. I know karrie and he really spends lots of time developing he stuff. Have you seen the canted valve head. Bad ass capuble of over a 1000 hp.
    Afr makes good heads but if you are looking for a race head etp wins hands down every time. I might also be able to get a little better deal then advertised.
    Hi-op you from mi.
    I'm in garden city give me a call I would love to see your car. Maybe you could bring it by the shop.
    734-716-7170
    Dave

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

For sure, sounds like a plan. Ill PM you about the where abouts of your shop. Right now, im looking at a pair of AFR big bore 225's. New valves and Ti retainers and double springs for 1730 shipped. Pretty good deal. Trying to find out if he has bronze valve guides as that would not go well with my 'new' plan of keeping stock rocker arms. Ill give ya a call sometime for sure. Thanks!

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

nice i like to see michigan guys helping each other out

PEWTER
    99 TRANS AM

Karrie's new shop--was ETP
    Performance Induction Solutions
    Cell# 734-658-1676

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 99transamC/FIA View Post
    Karrie's new shop--was ETP
    Performance Induction Solutions
    Cell# 734-658-1676
    Good to know. Im thinking it will be stupid expensive to get my valve train setup. I am looking into YT non adjustables. Im starting to get lost in my quest for heads. There are many choices and I want to do it once, and do it right. Like many parts on this car, I dont wanna do it twice and spend twice.

Right now, if the AFR 1630's have bronze valve guides then im looking to YT rocker arms. I will not run them without a full roller. I want to stick with stock, but with new heads (that I want) costing 2200-2600... Im looking used right now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information