ger
    gtrh

Engine Problems?

I have a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T and recently the engine is not working right. after coming to a stop I will step on the gas and the gears wont get caught to turn the wheels. Instead the engine revs and the car rolls until the the wheels work. I am thinking this can be a transmission problem but I really dont know. Could it also be the timing belt?? please let me know if any of you encountered a problem like this before and if you solved it.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by williamssam81 View Post
    I have a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T and recently the engine is not working right. after coming to a stop I will step on the gas and the gears wont get caught to turn the wheels. Instead the engine revs and the car rolls until the the wheels work. I am thinking this can be a transmission problem but I really dont know. Could it also be the timing belt?? please let me know if any of you encountered a problem like this before and if you solved it.
    Not overly familier with the Audi A6, but it sure sounds like a transmission issue to me.. High mileage, abuse, and/or low fluid level, or all of these things combined can also be suspect in transmission issues. I would take it to a repair shop and have it looked at very soon. It's quite possible you could be walking soon..Good luck..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

ble
    02 WS6 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Not overly familier with the Audi A6, but it sure sounds like a transmission issue to me.. High mileage, abuse, and/or low fluid level, or all of these things combined can also be suspect in transmission issues. I would take it to a repair shop and have it looked at very soon. It's quite possible you could be walking soon..Good luck..
    i agree. it sounds like the tranny is low on fluid. i dont know very much about Audi's but i do know if the tranny is low on fluid it will shift hard and will have a hard time going from a stop. i would definately take it in and have it looked at (after i made sure there was enough tranny fluid in it).

Thread Information