Black
    2002 WS6

down 80 hp, problem in bank one. what to check.

My car is donw 80 hp. The o2 readings from bankone say that I have low voltage. I had the cam and springs redone by a shop. The thold cam was beat up. They replaced the cam,... not the lifters and the car made 427/415. When I received the car back though, its a slug. now making 350. My theory is that the bad old lifters have ground into the new cam. Oddly though, I don't hear lifter noise. I've replaced, plugs, coil pack and check ground strap wire on head. Other than pulling the head and starting over, Is thare anything else, I should check? They replaced the springs too, If there is anything that you guys could think of that could come loose on one side of the motor let me know. old cam picture attached.

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by RealLiveMD View Post
    My car is donw 80 hp. The o2 readings from bankone say that I have low voltage. I had the cam and springs redone by a shop. The thold cam was beat up. They replaced the cam,... not the lifters and the car made 427/415. When I received the car back though, its a slug. now making 350. My theory is that the bad old lifters have ground into the new cam. Oddly though, I don't hear lifter noise. I've replaced, plugs, coil pack and check ground strap wire on head. Other than pulling the head and starting over, Is thare anything else, I should check? They replaced the springs too, If there is anything that you guys could think of that could come loose on one side of the motor let me know. old cam picture attached.
    if the old cam's lobes were beat then the lifters are going to look just like the old cam! lifters should of been replaced or you can say bye bye to that cam because it will wear out fast... if the o2 is reading low voltage then it is running lean(to much air and not enough fuel)! check for vacuum leaks

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

What springs what cam? A broken dual coil spring could do this. Pull the valve covers and check em out.

Black
    2002 WS6

I don't know what the f is wrong with the car I pulled the valve covers and springs look and sound fine. No lifter noise as I would expect. The tuner says he redynoed the car after pulling five degrees and the power was fine so that's not it I'm buying new o2s. This am.

Thread Information