Doing a 6.0 bottom end in my 98 TA .Help !!

This is a discussion on Doing a 6.0 bottom end in my 98 TA .Help !! within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Im putting a 6.0 bottom end in my 98 TA what do I need to know. Any tricks ? I ...

black
    1998 ws6 trans am

Doing a 6.0 bottom end in my 98 TA .Help !!

Im putting a 6.0 bottom end in my 98 TA what do I need to know. Any tricks ? I was told that everything off my ls1 will fit oil pan,heads,cam,ect... Any body ever done this? Thanks chad

White
    98 Camaro

Well, a couple of things to consider; the 6.0 LS-2 has a relocated cam sensor, it has moved from the back of the engine next to the oil sending unit to the front timing cover, the knock sensors (2) have moved from the lifter valley to both sides of the block and have a 2 wire connection instead of 1, and the biggest difference I have seen is some LS-2's have a 58 tooth crankshaft reluctor as opposed to the LS-1's 24 tooth reluctor and some LS-2's do have the 24 tooth reluctor but only in the GTO and SSR's so do some research on that because if you swap all of your components wich will bolt on, your car will not run if it has the wrong reluctor on the crank. It is possible to change the reluctor but you must remove the crankshaft and that would be done best by professionals who have the proper facilities and technical data to do so correctly. Anyway, just do as much research as you can stand before attemting this as you will run into many differences. Good Luck!

black
    1998 camaro z28

I put a LQ4 iron short block out of a 2001 yukon in my 98 Z28 with stock heads (spring upgraded) 221/221/ 558/558 lunati cam , stock intake and everything pluged in stock location I have a 6 speed.

White
    98 Camaro

I was explaining the differences with the LS-2 wich would come out of an 05 up GTO, Vette, SSR, or Trail Blazer SS. The older 6.0's out of the trucks should have the same components.

black
    1998 ws6 trans am

It is out of a truck not sure what year. Im putting all the topend stuff on the 6.0 block. Ported ls1 heads with comp springs,lunati 224/224 cam,ls2 lifters,zo6 intake,adj timing chain,zo6 ported oil pump,ported TB,slp MAF,stainless headers. All that stuff came off my ls1 that I put 2 rods though the block. It is a 6speed. How much will I gain if any??? Thanks so much

Thread Information