Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do I need larger fuel injectors?

This is a discussion on Do I need larger fuel injectors? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ...

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by SOMbitch View Post
    If you reread my post you will see I said MOST DO NOT but SOME DO. So what's your point? There are a lot of variables to dyno #'s and that is a horse that has been beat to death so we don't need to go over that again. Very nice #'s and I especially like your torque curve. I will be happy if I can do as well after my H/C swap, especially if I end up with the 5.3's.
    i was agreeing w/your point, and i saw where you said 'some do', so i wanted to let the OP know there are peeps out there with those numbers still with stock injectors. i was trying to kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak. i wasnt trying to rub anything in anyones face. you can only imagine when i tell people im putting out those numbers with a little 224, and they cant believe it...

i am glad that we can agree about differences in dynos and all the variables that exist. the sheet i showed was back in August and it was a low 80° day. the 437/404 numbers that i currently sit at are the result of a dyno day done on December 12th in 40° weather. the only thing on my setup that changed from Aug to Dec was i removed my SLP LM catback for TSP TD's (no retune)...

why are you going w/ 5.3 heads? what cam? what do you have done to your car to date...?

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    You have some magic on 2 fronts then... those are very high numbers for Patriot heads. The last set I tuned happened to have a TR 224 in it as well with Hooker headers, PTB, ls6 intake and that setup made 415rwhp, but needed things to be at 13.0:1 to get those numbers.
    my C/R is 11.5:1...

if you had slapped on a FAST 90 you would have really wakened up the car. i did a write up on painting the top shell of my ported 90 and when i had it apart, i did some additional porting. i swapped from an Ls6 intake (numbers for that setup were 409/386) to the FAST 90/90 and went to 444/395 back in August.

Here is the write up...
    Porting, Prepping and Painting a FAST 90 Intake Write-up (tons of pics)

since then, the only thing i have changed was the removal of my SLP LM catback to a TSP TD setup and from a dyno day on Dec. 12th my numbers are 437/404...

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Man that FAST really shines... Yeah his car made 410rwhp at 12.8:1, so VERY similar to yours. I was talking about AFR too, not SCR. It made the 415rwhp at 13.0-13.1:1. A little leaner than I wanted to leave him, but he insisted.

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Man that FAST really shines... Yeah his car made 410rwhp at 12.8:1, so VERY similar to yours. I was talking about AFR too, not SCR. It made the 415rwhp at 13.0-13.1:1. A little leaner than I wanted to leave him, but he insisted.
    thank you...

and my mistake, my A/F is just under/around 13:1...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information