Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Dead Engine.. 2006 Civic SI

This is a discussion on Dead Engine.. 2006 Civic SI within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; you could just drop a ls1 in it.........lol...

  1. #21
    Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    3,693
    2001

    you could just drop a ls1 in it.........lol

  2. #22
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    That is what I would do! LS7!! Torque steer like a mothafucka!

  3. #23
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    Yes, I realize its an 06. That's why I assume its under warranty and that it would probably be cheaper for Honda to give him a new car instead of trying to fix it or drop in a new engine. I'm not implying that he go out an buy a new car.
    how could it be cheaper for them to give him a new car? The new car has a new engine in it right? so there is the exact same cost PLUS the rest of the car.

  4. #24
    Pathelogical Liar BlackLT1Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,476

    Black
    94 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    how could it be cheaper for them to give him a new car? The new car has a new engine in it right? so there is the exact same cost PLUS the rest of the car.
    When a car is taken in to be fixed under warranty, they always work on it last. Or when they have time. Since they aren't making money off of the job, they will serve the paying customers first, before the warrantied customers. And when they do get to it, if they just give him a new engine, it takes time and labor of their mechanics to do it. Time that they could be using to work on profitable jobs.
    And as a side-effect, he won't have a vehicle for awhile. It will just be sitting at the dealership til they get around to fixing it. That's not good customer service.
    And you'd be surprised at how cheap it is to manufacture a mass-produced car like that. I'm not saying that the cost of giving him a new car will completely off-set the time and labor of dropping in a new engine, but on a business standpoint of effectiviness and productivity, it would be most cost-effective to just give him a new car. Besides, Honda can turn around and sell his old car with a new engine and not lose much money. And Honda can take the $15K hit, they lose more than that on concepts.

  5. #25
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    When a car is taken in to be fixed under warranty, they always work on it last. Or when they have time. Since they aren't making money off of the job, they will serve the paying customers first, before the warrantied customers. And when they do get to it, if they just give him a new engine, it takes time and labor of their mechanics to do it. Time that they could be using to work on profitable jobs.
    And as a side-effect, he won't have a vehicle for awhile. It will just be sitting at the dealership til they get around to fixing it. That's not good customer service.
    And you'd be surprised at how cheap it is to manufacture a mass-produced car like that. I'm not saying that the cost of giving him a new car will completely off-set the time and labor of dropping in a new engine, but on a business standpoint of effectiviness and productivity, it would be most cost-effective to just give him a new car. Besides, Honda can turn around and sell his old car with a new engine and not lose much money. And Honda can take the $15K hit, they lose more than that on concepts.
    in order to sell his old car with a new engine in it. . .they would have to put a new engine in it. . .there goes your whole plan. You're saying it is better for them to give him a new car and then put a new engine in his old car and sell it in order to avoid putting a new engine in his old one. . . Give up dude, you're running in a circle of bullshit here.

  6. #26
    Pathelogical Liar BlackLT1Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,476

    Black
    94 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    in order to sell his old car with a new engine in it. . .they would have to put a new engine in it. . .there goes your whole plan. You're saying it is better for them to give him a new car and then put a new engine in his old car and sell it in order to avoid putting a new engine in his old one. . . Give up dude, you're running in a circle of bullshit here.
    No, instead of making him WAIT for them to drop the engine in his old car, they could give him a new car so he can be on his way. And if they wanted to salvage the body, they could drop a new engine in it on their own time, instead of making him wait. Do you not understand business and logic?

  7. #27
    Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    houston, tx
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,045

    red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    No, instead of making him WAIT for them to drop the engine in his old car, they could give him a new car so he can be on his way. And if they wanted to salvage the body, they could drop a new engine in it on their own time, instead of making him wait. Do you not understand business and logic?
    they will not do that at all! sorry but i know for a fact. i had a warranty on my 97 trans am and my motor and tranny messed up at almost the same time. i had to wait. the best way is to take it to a shop that you trust and the warranty covers and they will get right on it.

  8. #28
    Pathelogical Liar BlackLT1Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,476

    Black
    94 Camaro Z28

    That is, if the shop honors the warranty. In most cases, you have to take it directly to the dealership for the warranty to be honored.

    And I don't know why you are getting all bent-out-of-shape. I didn't say Honda WILL do this or that, I just said it would probably be more reasonable for the company to do this instead of that. And there's nothing any of us can do about it anyway. We'll just have to wait and see what happens to the guy and his new civic.

  9. #29
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    You can't say that I don't know anything about business, and then turn around and say that giving him a new car would be the most reasonable thing to do. It's a stupid ass idea, period. No business could ever survive using your logic, a business is there to make money and NOTHING else. IT's not there for me or you or him, it's there to make money and that's the onyl way for it to survive. A $4000 engine is screwed up, let's give away an $18,000 car? You can't justify that no matter how hard you try fella, period!

  10. #30
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    god damn it! just buy LS1 engine for 3k and slap that motha' f in.

  11. #31
    Never Drink and Derive Tonik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,019

    Black
    '99 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    god damn it! just buy LS1 engine for 3k and slap that motha' f in.

    Ever see a Honda lift the front end off the ground?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What to replace my engine with if its dead?
    By Justin23454 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 12:09 PM
  2. engine #5... dead... grrr...
    By Spaz in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 03:06 PM
  3. Alpine Honda Civic Si - Civic Demonstration
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 05:10 AM
  4. 2006 GTO Engine Covers
    By sickspd in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 06:00 PM
  5. 0->60mph w/Honda Civic Type-R Engine
    By my5thNewUsernameHere in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 06:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •