Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dead Engine.. 2006 Civic SI

This is a discussion on Dead Engine.. 2006 Civic SI within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; you could just drop a ls1 in it.........lol...

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

you could just drop a ls1 in it.........lol

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

That is what I would do! LS7!! Torque steer like a mothafucka!

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z28 View Post
    Yes, I realize its an 06. That's why I assume its under warranty and that it would probably be cheaper for Honda to give him a new car instead of trying to fix it or drop in a new engine. I'm not implying that he go out an buy a new car.
    how could it be cheaper for them to give him a new car? The new car has a new engine in it right? so there is the exact same cost PLUS the rest of the car.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    how could it be cheaper for them to give him a new car? The new car has a new engine in it right? so there is the exact same cost PLUS the rest of the car.
    When a car is taken in to be fixed under warranty, they always work on it last. Or when they have time. Since they aren't making money off of the job, they will serve the paying customers first, before the warrantied customers. And when they do get to it, if they just give him a new engine, it takes time and labor of their mechanics to do it. Time that they could be using to work on profitable jobs.
    And as a side-effect, he won't have a vehicle for awhile. It will just be sitting at the dealership til they get around to fixing it. That's not good customer service.
    And you'd be surprised at how cheap it is to manufacture a mass-produced car like that. I'm not saying that the cost of giving him a new car will completely off-set the time and labor of dropping in a new engine, but on a business standpoint of effectiviness and productivity, it would be most cost-effective to just give him a new car. Besides, Honda can turn around and sell his old car with a new engine and not lose much money. And Honda can take the $15K hit, they lose more than that on concepts.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

When a car is taken in to be fixed under warranty, they always work on it last. Or when they have time. Since they aren't making money off of the job, they will serve the paying customers first, before the warrantied customers. And when they do get to it, if they just give him a new engine, it takes time and labor of their mechanics to do it. Time that they could be using to work on profitable jobs.
    And as a side-effect, he won't have a vehicle for awhile. It will just be sitting at the dealership til they get around to fixing it. That's not good customer service.
    And you'd be surprised at how cheap it is to manufacture a mass-produced car like that. I'm not saying that the cost of giving him a new car will completely off-set the time and labor of dropping in a new engine, but on a business standpoint of effectiviness and productivity, it would be most cost-effective to just give him a new car. Besides, Honda can turn around and sell his old car with a new engine and not lose much money. And Honda can take the $15K hit, they lose more than that on concepts.
    in order to sell his old car with a new engine in it. . .they would have to put a new engine in it. . .there goes your whole plan. You're saying it is better for them to give him a new car and then put a new engine in his old car and sell it in order to avoid putting a new engine in his old one. . . Give up dude, you're running in a circle of bullshit here.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz View Post
    in order to sell his old car with a new engine in it. . .they would have to put a new engine in it. . .there goes your whole plan. You're saying it is better for them to give him a new car and then put a new engine in his old car and sell it in order to avoid putting a new engine in his old one. . . Give up dude, you're running in a circle of bullshit here.
    No, instead of making him WAIT for them to drop the engine in his old car, they could give him a new car so he can be on his way. And if they wanted to salvage the body, they could drop a new engine in it on their own time, instead of making him wait. Do you not understand business and logic?

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

No, instead of making him WAIT for them to drop the engine in his old car, they could give him a new car so he can be on his way. And if they wanted to salvage the body, they could drop a new engine in it on their own time, instead of making him wait. Do you not understand business and logic?
    they will not do that at all! sorry but i know for a fact. i had a warranty on my 97 trans am and my motor and tranny messed up at almost the same time. i had to wait. the best way is to take it to a shop that you trust and the warranty covers and they will get right on it.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

That is, if the shop honors the warranty. In most cases, you have to take it directly to the dealership for the warranty to be honored.

And I don't know why you are getting all bent-out-of-shape. I didn't say Honda WILL do this or that, I just said it would probably be more reasonable for the company to do this instead of that. And there's nothing any of us can do about it anyway. We'll just have to wait and see what happens to the guy and his new civic.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

You can't say that I don't know anything about business, and then turn around and say that giving him a new car would be the most reasonable thing to do. It's a stupid ass idea, period. No business could ever survive using your logic, a business is there to make money and NOTHING else. IT's not there for me or you or him, it's there to make money and that's the onyl way for it to survive. A $4000 engine is screwed up, let's give away an $18,000 car? You can't justify that no matter how hard you try fella, period!

god damn it! just buy LS1 engine for 3k and slap that motha' f in.

Black
    '99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    god damn it! just buy LS1 engine for 3k and slap that motha' f in.

Ever see a Honda lift the front end off the ground?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information