Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Dart Heads!!!

This is a discussion on Dart Heads!!! within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; just to throw in my two cents, i would get a set of stage two ported ls6 sytle heads, fast ...

  1. #21
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    just to throw in my two cents,
    i would get a set of stage two ported ls6 sytle heads, fast manifold and nw 90mm tb.
    above will cost just a bit more than a pair of AFRs but make more power.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    24

    red
    TVR Cerbera

    I have a 383 that made 528bhp with Afr's and a xr281 cam, i bought the short block and put Dart 225's on with a 233/237 custom cam and it made 539bhp, ok the cam probably suits the block better, but means the Darts cant be that bad. All on the same dyno BTW and i have the sheets to prove.

  3. #23
    Member blackls1ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    kittanning,pa
    Age
    41
    Posts
    516

    black
    2000 ws.6 m6

    just got the 90/90 combo,afr 205s on the way and so is the cam tr 224/227 563/569 114 lsa shud make good midrange thunder racing said,need to get the heads milled from 66cc to at least 62cc for little more compression.then the wet shot 100-150 to top it off

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    7

    black
    2002 Zo6

    dart225

    Quote Originally Posted by blackls1ta View Post
    just got the 90/90 combo,afr 205s on the way and so is the cam tr 224/227 563/569 114 lsa shud make good midrange thunder racing said,need to get the heads milled from 66cc to at least 62cc for little more compression.then the wet shot 100-150 to top it off
    The darts may not have made any more Hp but they didn 't make any less and ported, they would also make more HP.
    Last edited by dracer173; 02-18-2008 at 06:37 PM.

  5. #25
    Member blackls1ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    kittanning,pa
    Age
    41
    Posts
    516

    black
    2000 ws.6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by dracer173 View Post
    The darts may not have made any more Hp but they didn 't make any less and ported, they would also make more HP.
    i dont care who makes more but afr is one of the best and it shows im not gonna complain for payin 2200 for them we will see what torque and rwhp ill get with them after the install they arent the best for nothing no matter who says it you get what you pay for and i say they are great.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by blackls1ta View Post
    i dont care who makes more but afr is one of the best and it shows im not gonna complain for payin 2200 for them we will see what torque and rwhp ill get with them after the install they arent the best for nothing no matter who says it you get what you pay for and i say they are great.
    I agree completely. The AFRs are FAR superior to the Dart heads. Even the AFR 205s blow the Dart 225s out of the water. Don't listen to some of these guys as they've either been lied to or are delusional. I've never seen an AFR headed car that didn't run it's ass off. The only decent Dart headed cars seem to be internet lore like the Patriot headed cars.

  7. #27
    bad ass t/a jasonpg1300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    FLORDIA
    Posts
    25

    WHITE
    2000 TRANS AM

    i have the 205 dart heads with a ms4 cam fast 90 /90 h beam rods weisco pistons arp main studs ,head studs ,msd coils crane gold rockers, mezeire water pump ,pacesetters headers .mangflow cat back exhaust ,spec3 plus clutch built t -56 ,chromoly driveshaft with a 12 bolt moseser 33 spline axles 4.30 gears full bmr suspension it dynoed 436 on motor 380 on torque with a 150 shot it went 544 /512 torque car gets 26 mpg drive it everyday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Dart 225 heads
    By Dewman in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 04:57 PM
  2. Dart Heads
    By Brownboy2020 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 05:53 PM
  3. Dart pro 1 heads?
    By corvettefrance in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 07:19 PM
  4. Dart heads??
    By stangslayer98 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-19-2006, 01:57 PM
  5. Dart heads
    By kraymond in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 11:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •