Thread: Dart Heads

Black
    1999 Trans am WS6

Dart Heads

Hey guys a little while back some technical issues went wrong with my car. Ultimately it came down to me buying a couple new things.

I ended up purchasing 205cc Dart heads along with a new Cam, forged pistons, oil pump, water pump, roller lifters, and some other misc goodies.

I was wondering if any of you guys have had any personal experience with this brand or if anyone has heard any news on it. also what do u think i am expecting to gain HP wise with this. I am not to sure what i am running the cam at but i was told that it would be just under the smog legal limit. Thanks for your time

Jared

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

look up vettenuts. he runs the dart heads.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Mag Red
    2002 Vette

My setup prior to the Dart heads was a mild cam with Crane 1.8 rockers. Cam was 216/224 0.551/0.551 115 LSA. When I put on the heads, I didn't know too much about the valve springs and got a screaming deal on the Crane 1.7 rockers (not the kit, just the rockers and they were brand new too) so I installed the 1.7's rather than the 1.8's on the heads. So to be clear, VHP 056 cam with 1.8 rockers on stock 241 heads before, VHP 056 cam with 1.7 rockers after on the Dart heads. I picked up 24 hp from the Dart 205 heads even with the decrease in lift/valve duration that resulted from the rocker ratio decrease.

Hope this makes sense.

Black
    2002 ZO6

i have dart 205 heads on my LS6 block i picked up 35rwhp with a mid rang voodoo cam. if i was you I would check the valve seals to see if there the right ones cuz mine were assembled with the wronge valve seals and it smoked like crazy till I replaced them with the correct ones..

Thread Information