daily driver power

This is a discussion on daily driver power within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have an 04 a4 Gto with LT's, 3" true duals, p&p tb, CAI/ram air, SD tune/ no torque management ...

hugger orange

daily driver power

I have an 04 a4 Gto with LT's, 3" true duals, p&p tb, CAI/ram air, SD tune/ no torque management (hptuners) and 2,800 stall.

i like big hp numbers like everyone else, drive the car in the real world. with keeping the 2,800 stall(still very streetable), what kind of power (looking for under the curve power for the street) can I get out of the motor and what combos would you all recomend. looking for head, cam, intake ideas. I'm not looking at nitrous or turbo/supercharging yet.....maybe several years from now.
    also does anyone know prices and where to find a 1 piece driveshaft
    thanks guys

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Get the best heads you can get cause you need torque with a relatively heavy car and small stall. TFS and AFR have great low/mid lift #'s which is why they consistently make more torque than many other heads. ETP's are great too but heard they are no longer in business? World or All Pro are also top notch $$$ no object. I wish I had scrimped a little more on I/E so I could have swung some better heads now and just upgraded those parts later.

That stall and weight I wouldn't go any bigger than 224/228 but that is just me. A 220/224 would be even more fun on the street IMO. You have an LS6 IM and don't think you benefit much from a FAST unless you really wanna spin it or have more cubes. I traded my LS6 IM + cash for a FAST 90/90 and don't think I picked up much with it. Again better heads would have benefitted me more I think.

Hope this helps!!

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by SOMbitch View Post
    Get the best heads you can get cause you need torque with a relatively heavy car and small stall. TFS and AFR have great low/mid lift #'s which is why they consistently make more torque than many other heads. ETP's are great too but heard they are no longer in business? World or All Pro are also top notch $$$ no object. I wish I had scrimped a little more on I/E so I could have swung some better heads now and just upgraded those parts later.

That stall and weight I wouldn't go any bigger than 224/228 but that is just me. A 220/224 would be even more fun on the street IMO. You have an LS6 IM and don't think you benefit much from a FAST unless you really wanna spin it or have more cubes. I traded my LS6 IM + cash for a FAST 90/90 and don't think I picked up much with it. Again better heads would have benefitted me more I think.

Hope this helps!!
    hey man thanks, i was thinking 224/228-230 but wasnt sure, budget, so for now il probably just pickup a set of 243's and port and polish them myself......house and family have to come first so you know how that goes, then down the road get a good set of heads

Thread Information