Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61

Car is getting cam put in this weekend!!!

This is a discussion on Car is getting cam put in this weekend!!! within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; hey what exactly are you getting for your car.... I assume you are from jersey cause you were talking about ...

  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bucks County Pennsylvania
    Age
    32
    Posts
    37

    white
    1999 Trans Am

    hey what exactly are you getting for your car.... I assume you are from jersey cause you were talking about atco.. I'm from pa and it sounds like you got a sweet set up...wouldn't mind getting the same stuff done to my car... whats the name of the shop... 1300 isn't a bad price

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bucks County Pennsylvania
    Age
    32
    Posts
    37

    white
    1999 Trans Am

    ok i wish i read the second page of replies before i posted that... but anyway I'm definetly gonna look into that shop

  3. #43
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    Oh boy this coming from the pollock with the ricer "Badges" all over his car Oh I forgot! It's a NHRA!!!! Badges are cool now!!

    but my ricer badges are faster than youre stickers

  4. #44
    Senior Member ss~zoso~ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    )
    Posts
    9,128

    SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

    yea that shop sounds real nice, its located at 950 ridge rd, claymont de, if you want to map quest it, the zip is 19703

    turns out it is about 4.5 hours from my house, imight just have to visit them in the spring.
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

  5. #45
    Senior Member Hurley711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,362

    414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

    Race Proven Motorsports ask for Fran....good guy knows his LS1 shit located in DE right over PA state line right off of I-95 1-302-798-4000

  6. #46
    lee1rbc
    Guest
    Thats the exact cam I am hoping to get. I think you just can't do better with stock heads.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Hurley, did you get the car back from the shop yet?

  8. #48
    Senior Member Hurley711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,362

    414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

    Tues night, got held up at work and had some shit I had to straighten out, Tues night for sure

  9. #49
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by lee1rbc
    Thats the exact cam I am hoping to get. I think you just can't do better with stock heads.
    yes you can, it just depends where you want the power.
    the 224, which i also have is a great DD cam. you have power threwout the whole powerband.
    i personally wish i had a bigger stall because i would of got a 228/228 cam.
    that cam is a mid to upper range cam which would be fine with me because my car stalls up as is to 3100 rpm.
    i could really take advantage of a mid-upper range cam with a 3500 stall.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

  10. #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bucks County Pennsylvania
    Age
    32
    Posts
    37

    white
    1999 Trans Am

    let me know how getting all this done affects your gas milage

  11. #51
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    Tues night for sure
    The anticipation is killing me... did you pick up the car yet?

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    philly area
    Age
    34
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    The anticipation is killing me... did you pick up the car yet?


    haha yes he picked it up im sure he will post soon......

  13. #53
    Senior Member ss~zoso~ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    )
    Posts
    9,128

    SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

    nice, cant wait to hear about it

  14. #54
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by Frans96ss
    haha yes he picked it up im sure he will post soon......
    How far off was the electronic spark control and fuel map when you re-programmed the computer (in comparison to the stock cam). I would imagine that the cam's 114-LSA made it a breeze to tune. Was fuel pressure bumped, or was the stock setting adequate? Details, details please.....

  15. #55
    Senior Member Hurley711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,362

    414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

    Ok guys, been hell around here this week sorry it took so long. Here is the initial feedback, Fran did a GREAT job & I am picky as shit, and since the car is my DD I begged him for it back ASAP, fully tuned or not. So Fran tuned it up good enough for me to drive it to and from work for the past few days and it is doing fine. Tomorrow I take it back down to DE so we can put it up on the dyno to check the A/F and all that good stuff and adjust the tune from there. So by tomorrow we'll have some power numbers and a final tune. I got on it a few times real good and it def pulls a hell of alot harder from 2500-2800 on up to 6000 RPMs, I mean I was amazed how fast 100 mph came up the first time I got on it. I will post back tomorrow after Fran adjusts everything for good.

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    philly area
    Age
    34
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    Ok guys, been hell around here this week sorry it took so long. Here is the initial feedback, Fran did a GREAT job & I am picky as shit, and since the car is my DD I begged him for it back ASAP, fully tuned or not. So Fran tuned it up good enough for me to drive it to and from work for the past few days and it is doing fine. Tomorrow I take it back down to DE so we can put it up on the dyno to check the A/F and all that good stuff and adjust the tune from there. So by tomorrow we'll have some power numbers and a final tune. I got on it a few times real good and it def pulls a hell of alot harder from 2500-2800 on up to 6000 RPMs, I mean I was amazed how fast 100 mph came up the first time I got on it. I will post back tomorrow after Fran adjusts everything for good.



    next time take it to about 6500.....

  17. #57
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Frans96ss
    next time take it to about 6500.....
    agreed. my shift points are set to 6500

  18. #58
    Senior Member Hurley711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,362

    414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

    Ok guys just got back from the dyno with Fran. A/F was good, 13.1-13.0, and on a Mustang Dyno the car put down 399 Hp & 397 Tq on the first run, 2nd run it hit 411 Hp & 406 Tq. 2nd run was on a diff dyno program so we are throwing that one out the window because even though it looks nice we all know that with a TR224 cam the car isn't going to hit that high. The 399 & 397 seem a little high too, given that it's a Mustang dyno, and the numbers were corrected. My concern was the A/F and that came up fine so I am happy
    Last edited by Hurley711; 02-04-2006 at 02:44 PM.
    '00 Black Ram Air TA TR224/224 PRC 5.3 59cc Heads
    Pacesetter LT ORY Hooker CB 414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    BMR PHR, SFC,LCA & TM. Bilstein HD shocks 1LE FSB
    Firehawk Rims w/KDW Custom Headrests & Floormats

  19. #59
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    Ok guys just got back from the dyno with Fran. A/F was good, 13.1-13.0, and on a Mustang Dyno the car put down 399 Hp & 397 Tq on the first run.
    Congrat's man!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    2nd run it hit 411 Hp & 406 Tq. 2nd run was on a diff dyno program so we are throwing that one out the window because even though it looks nice we all know that with a TR224 cam the car isn't going to hit that high.
    Dyno number's are cool.... but tell us how she feels now that you're able to open it up (since A/F has already been confirmed)?

  20. #60
    Senior Member Hurley711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,362

    414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    Congrat's man!



    Dyno number's are cool.... but tell us how she feels now that you're able to open it up (since A/F has already been confirmed)?

    Car pulls MUCH harder, now. Clutch doesn't like it at high RPMS, gonna have to replace that this spring/summer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. had an 08 c6 for the weekend
    By imprtkillr2810 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 05:15 PM
  2. Z28 vs Evo going down this weekend
    By foit3 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-09-2006, 06:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •