Silver
    2002 Trans Am Ws6

Can anyone help me with head/cam question?

Hey guys I'm about to purchase an 02 trans am ws6 and I was hoping someone on here could give me some advice on improving its performance. I know how badly I'm about to get bashed for this especially since I just joined...., but for me the car is TERRIBLY SLOW and I was wondering what head and cam package you would recommend me purchasing to get my RWHP and RWTQ to above 400/420. I could also really use some information on what other work is required to get it all going and how much you paid for installation. Thanks!!!!!

Black
    2000 Z-28

Why does the car seem terribly slow? What were you driving before the trans am? How much are you looking to spend? Is it a 6 speed or automatic? You definitely want to get all the boltons beforehand like long tubes, catback, lid, FAST 92 TB and manifold.

Mag Red
    2002 Vette

You are coming in cold so do your homework. Make a list of parts you need to buy and then optimize each. Start with the basic breathing such as intake system and exhaust and move on from there. For example, QTP makes great headers. This way you can set up a budget. If its an auto, you make want to do basic intake/exhaust and then move to stall and gears rather then going right into the motor. You need to also determine how you will drive the car. A lot of guys buy donkey dick cams that make power above 4,000 RPM but who in reality drives their car like that, so be realistic with your goals and match them to how you drive the car most of the time. Focus more on overall power rather than the final single peak power number.

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

+ 1 on what both of them said dont just jump right into the motor unless thats all your ever going to do.

Thread Information