Indigo Blue
    2000 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Cam update and tip.. Lingenfelter GT1 stock heads and valves

I Had a Lingenfelter GT1 cam installed (229/242/114)(.631/.631) on factory heads and valves with a comp cams .650 lift spring kit. Lingenfelter advises not to use stock heads and or flycut your pistons to allow for PTV (piston to valve clearance). well after my mechanic at SS Performance Group in tallahassee fl made some calls it was founded that it will fit very very closely on the PTV.They hand turned the motor to check for obvious PTV issues and found none. First start up was today was she purred like a champ. no surging no bucking and NO valve tapping or bending. idle was set to 900 rpm for the initial start up but will be lowered when tuned later today. I could not be more happier. Nice aggrerssive idle and expected 40+ HP gain over stock. Ill have the dyno sheets of before and after and a dyno vid later today that i will post up. hope this helps anyone curious about this cam.

NOTE: My mechanic asked me numerous times if I would like to remove the heads and properly check the PTV clearance. I advised him not to solely on lingenfelters answers that it would clear if installed straight up meaning dot to dot straight up and down and even.

Next on the list is a set of PRC 227 heads fully CNC ported from texas speed, an LSXR 102mm intake manifold ported w matching throttle body and MAF sensor. 1 7/8 stainless steel hedders probably kooks, hooker, or american racing. stainless steel X pipe and duals dumped at the rear axle.

Todays install included the cam and valve springs,comp 7.4 pushrods, b&m ripper shifter, tick performance master cylinder and updated gm slave cylinder. complete fluid change front to back.

NOTE 2: Found out my TA has the 241 Heads. Manufacture date is 04/2000. Those were more commonly found on 01 and 02 models.

Indigo Blue

very pleased with the turn out. a 60+ HP gain over stock and no valve issues. That much of a gain with just a cam swap is just "WHOA" in my book..feel free to comment and ask questions if you like. thanks

Video:

Pics:

baseline

final

Compare

LOL any questions??

98 Formula
    06 duramax

power was still climbing when you shut it down....why the shutdown at 6200?

Indigo Blue

stock heads and valves. ptv was already close. didn't want to push it until I update the heads exhaust and intake. still good gains I think..

Thread Information