twinstix

? on cam for this setup

02 z28 slp longtube and LM, not enought money for a full swap yet, but want to put AFR 225 cc port and polished, bbk or weiland intake P and P, fast TB 90 mm, slp maf, venom 48lbs. injectors, electric water pump, and slp underdrive, msd blaster coil and wires ngk plugs, what kind of cam would be the best for setup, plus around what kind of HP should i expect. thanx.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

i would go FAST 90/90. Pass on the Elec. Water Pump and SLP MAF, IMO...

secondgearscratch: ...i like the motivated anger!

twinstix

why fast?

i would go with fast intake but i think its not strong enough and i know about the heat transfer but the block is all aluminum plus it looks nicer. i love the color of chrome. with the underdrive the eletric water pump will keep it cool. but what cam will be the best

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by twinstix View Post
    i would go with fast intake but i think its not strong enough and i know about the heat transfer but the block is all aluminum plus it looks nicer. i love the color of chrome. with the underdrive the eletric water pump will keep it cool. but what cam will be the best
    actually the composite is better resistant to the heat transfer than the alum. intakes like the weiland and BBK are. they heat soak and that means you lose power. try this: go out and drive the car and place your hand on top of the compostie intake, then go ride with someone, stop and try to put your hand on that alum. intake...there's your heat transfer answer right there...

http://www.tpis.com/plog/index.php?o...Id=14&blogId=1

not sure where you got your info from, but i can tell you that the FAST intakes are proven strong and reliable intakes...

as for a cam, and not knowing if your car is a DD or not, i would go with a TSP Torquer v2...

http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp...d=168&catid=44

twinstix

i know

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    actually the composite is better resistant to the heat transfer than the alum. intakes like the weiland and BBK are. they heat soak and that means you lose power. try this: go out and drive the car and place your hand on top of the compostie intake, then go ride with someone, stop and try to put your hand on that alum. intake...there's your heat transfer answer right there...

http://www.tpis.com/plog/index.php?o...Id=14&blogId=1

not sure where you got your info from, but i can tell you that the FAST intakes are proven strong and reliable intakes...

as for a cam, and not knowing if your car is a DD or not, i would go with a TSP Torquer v2...

http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp...d=168&catid=44
    i kmow the heat transfer sucks on the weiland and bbk intakes so ill look into getting the 90/90 combo from fast, and my car is not a DD, just on the weekend, over the road truck driver, almost never home and wife is scared to drive it. hahaha

twinstix

hello

can anybody help just trying to get info before i start buying parts, and get the wrong parts. Im more of diesel mehcanic and not to much a car wrencher but know all the basics, i think lol

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

what info is it that you need or are seeking? if you can provide us with more details we can do our best to get you pointed in the right direction on suggesting what to get and what to avoid...

twinstix

ok

im trying to get a car that will be great on the track and some times on the street not a daily driver not enough cash to do a full swap but in the future i will so im thinking of getting all the parts and put it on a stock bottom but will switch later, i read that eletric WP is good for the track between passes, plus im looking into a FAST 90/90 a set of AFR 225 heads, already have slp lid, LP, y pipe, and LM, so im trying to plan on how much cash i will spend, thats why i have alot of stupid ? but with this setup what cam would be the best, and around how much RWHP should i expect. thanx for all your pacients, plus my spelling suck sorry

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

well you could go a little bigger than the TSP Toruqer v2 i suggested, you could go the Torquer v3, or even the MS3 cam. with supporting cam swap mods, mods you have and the mods you plan to do, i would say well between the 440-460rwhp mark and around 400+rwtq...

heads (2200)
    cam (400)
    supporting cam mods (300)
    fast 90/90 (1200)
    tune (400-600)
    shop fees for install, anyones guess...

Quote Originally Posted by twinstix
    i kmow the heat transfer sucks on the weiland and bbk intakes...
    Heat transfer is definitely the byproduct of it's design, but despite that though, they're still running the numbers at the track, regardless. If your honestly considering one, I'd say go for it. I'm running a Fast 90/90 setup myself, and I'm not ashamed to admit being beaten plenty of times by those running with a Weiand intake sitting on top of their engines....

twinstix

i dont know

i know from my 18 wheeler polymer stuff dont last long but the more i read im learning but im very thankful for all your help guys like i said im learning again about gas engines. because i can make a diesel engine sceam no problem( 2000 kenworth, 1.1 million miles, 638 rwhp, 2198 rwt )) can anybody beat that. hahaha.

Thread Information