red... for now
    1987 mazda rx7

cam and intake?? not sure as to what to go with

looking for some honest opinions (not trying to start a small war ) just looking for a good setup for my rx7,i have done a large amount of research and so far this is what i have decided... ls1/t56 and a modded and narrowed ford rear, looking for 450 rwhp and not looking to make it too horrible to drive on the street, ( not every day but probly often enough to need some streetability) i want to keep it N/A no n2o no turbo or pro chargers either, as for the motor so far im leaning heavily towards the tsp stage 2.5 heads i can only run i believe 1 and 7/8 inch primarys on the headers (not sure if that will be a problem or not) cant decide ms4 or torquer v3? fast intake or ls6? and if i will need bigger injectors? 42lb or stock? any wise words of wisdom will be very helpful towards my goals. ohh and i will be running power steering and AC. i am stationed in a place where they have us sit in our cars for long periods of time (waiting for formations and the like) and it gets hot without ac in ga. thank you.

hugger orange

Do you have the motor in the car yet? I am running and love the Edelbrock proflo xt intake, but it is 10.5" high so you would either need space up top or a scoop.
    As far as cams, I'll recomend a 228/232 .6 or less lift (this way you don't eat valve springs and have to change them out every year or so) and a 110 lsa

black trans am

thats what i would say but im not thinking that intake is going to fit under the hood at all

a fast would be the next in line.
    i have a ls6 on my h/c set up and its choked me off now. and im out of injector as well. so ur going to have to up them as well.

red... for now
    1987 mazda rx7

the motor is not in the car as of yet, im still looking for the right one and the right price, plus im still not in america.... on my way home from afghanistan, im just doing more research and trying to finish the plans for the car... also looking into t56 parts... maybe steel forks and carbon synchros, but im concerned in the price, where as i am decent with a wrench i have never opened a tranny (altho i want to) so im not sure if i could do it myself.. the rest of the swap is being done by me, as soon as i touch ground (hopefuly tomorow) then i will start to prep the car for the swap, but im planing on taking my time with it, i have other transportation. so it will be done right.

hugger orange

I have a lot more room in my engine compartment in my GTO than the F-body guys for the intake and I still needed a 2.5 inch scoop to fit my intake. On the good side the proflo xt was only $369 from Summit racing and makes power all the way past 7,000 rpms without choking out.

Since you would be tearing into a manual tranny, if you are any good with mechanics, you should be fine....lol now the automatics are pretty tricky with A LOT more parts (had mine in and out 7 times in 2 weeks till I finally took it to a tranny shop)

And hey man, thank you for your service to our country!

hugger orange

Oh and hey, don't forget to ask for your millitary discount when you order parts!

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Tony Mamo ported FAST with a Nick Williams throttle body...cant go wrong. People run them from bolt on's to strokers.
    "Life is to short to drive a slow car"

Gone but not forgoten: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "The Black Bandit"
    Bought- 11-18-05
    Sold- 10-14-08

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

450rwhp and street able is relative to a persons tolerance. Personally if i was to do the whole cam thing again, i would get the 228/228 114lsa or torquer v2 cam, used ls6 intake, 1 7/8 headers and for heads, theres so many good choices, take you pick.
    While you wont make 450 to he rear, you wont be all that far off either and have a somewhat tame ride to boot.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Thread Information