Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cam Idiot! Need tons of advice!

This is a discussion on Cam Idiot! Need tons of advice! within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; This thread is on the same topic I am looking at. originally wanted to do H/C but want to do ...

Black
    2001 Transam WS6

This thread is on the same topic I am looking at. originally wanted to do H/C but want to do just the cam for now with a tune. I will see if that is enough for me and move on from there. my biggest issue is I dont know what kind of cam to get. I would like to see around 400 at the wheels. My mods are slp lt's, hf cats, ypipe, lm1 catback, slp lid, cai, k&n filter, slp sfc.
    I have read about alot of people running the ms3 but would a cam like that put me close to my power goals? I am a cam

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

It depends alot on the baseline of the car. Even a small cam will put a well running M6 right around the 400 mark. I am just a few ponies short (another run would most likely show me over once I clean the throttle body), and my cam is very small and mild compared to many of the other grinds floating around. It is important to remember that the peak is important, but the curve getting to the peak is just as or more important.

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

Being that I've never had my car dyno tuned, does anybody think it would be worth it to get it dyno'd before I purchase a cam so I know where I stand in terms of power/torque ? I'm not really aware of any good places in New Jersey, but I'd be willing to travel a bit into New York or Pennsylvania to get it dyno'd if anybody knows of a good shop?

Red
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    Being that I've never had my car dyno tuned, does anybody think it would be worth it to get it dyno'd before I purchase a cam so I know where I stand in terms of power/torque ? I'm not really aware of any good places in New Jersey, but I'd be willing to travel a bit into New York or Pennsylvania to get it dyno'd if anybody knows of a good shop?
    I would just wait until you do your cam then have it tuned, If you head into Pa I would contact Mike at Rapid Motorsports.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information