Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cam is done!!

Black
    2002 SS camaro

cam is done!!

well i got the cam finished this morning around 130 lol. it sounds nasty i love it. almost everything went good. had a couple problems but i worked them out, big thanks to mark for the tools i would still probably still be doing my springs. now i just need a tune. but im very happy did allbut everything by my self mark help on a couple springs.

black
    02 ss camaro

Post a vid of the car running with new cam!

BLACK
    2001 WS-6

want to hear it!

Black
    2002 SS camaro

ok boys ill try, its raining today so after it stops i will, how u put vids up on here

hugger orange

hey glad to hear you got the car back together! lol told you that pickup tube bolt would be the hard part.

hugger orange

does your car sound about like mine now?

Black
    2002 SS camaro

well the car wont even run now it misses really bad

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by 02_slp_ss View Post
    well the car wont even run now it misses really bad
    what kind of cam do you have? some cams change the firing order which makes it sound real funny ... and the longer you wait on tuning it, the chance increases of fouling a plug. my cam changed my firing order and it sounds goofy. and i agree on video

congrats, btw

Black
    2002 SS camaro

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    what kind of cam do you have? some cams change the firing order which makes it sound real funny ... and the longer you wait on tuning it, the chance increases of fouling a plug. my cam changed my firing order and it sounds goofy. and i agree on video

congrats, btw
    well i got the MS3 cam, a baby cam compared to yours lol, an when i got done a started it, it sounded awsome i let it sit an idle for alittle an get warm then took it for alittle drive pulled in my drive way an my raditor hose split so i fixed it this morning started it up an it sounded fine THEN it started it was missing so bad it was idleing smoth lol crazy i no but it was, i called the guy who tunes my car an we talked about it alittle an think it might be loading up so where going to put a tune on it an see what that does. i might have to get a new set of plugs to idk yet

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

well i got the MS3 cam, a baby cam compared to yours lol, an when i got done a started it, it sounded awsome i let it sit an idle for alittle an get warm then took it for alittle drive pulled in my drive way an my raditor hose split so i fixed it this morning started it up an it sounded fine THEN it started it was missing so bad it was idleing smoth lol crazy i no but it was, i called the guy who tunes my car an we talked about it alittle an think it might be loading up so where going to put a tune on it an see what that does. i might have to get a new set of plugs to idk yet
    i am having cooling issues too i cracked a coolant line under the intake and my water pump gave out. i'm probably gonna do plugs too. it's been run probably 1.0+ hours since the rebuild, not fully broken in and definitely not tuned yet so the fuel mixture is all weird and im probably just killing off plugs left and right

videooooooooooooooo

Black
    2002 SS camaro

lol yea i no what u mean i just went out an bought a new set of plugs to try an see if it helps, an idk how to put a video up lol

hugger orange

Probably fouled the plugs bad. It sounfds strange, but idle and low rpms it will need A LOT less fuel than before, but it will need more fuel up higher

2000 Camaro B4C

congrats on the install, i hope you figure out whats wrong so we can hear that baby run

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

You got an MS3....it doesn't have a tune...and you wonder why it won't run??
    Really?

Tep, did you change anything in the shortblock?? I don't remember what all you were doing. If you didn't, there is basicly no break-in period for valvetrain components...aside from heat cycling the valvesprings 2-3 times.

And for further reference...the MS3 is MUCH larger than the cam Tep put in. (at least if it got the 231/231 .621/.621 112)
    Last edited by Mr. Luos; 01-19-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Black
    2002 SS camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    You got an MS3....it doesn't have a tune...and you wonder why it won't run??
    Really?

Tep, did you change anything in the shortblock?? I don't remember what all you were doing. If you didn't, there is basicly no break-in period for valvetrain components...aside from heat cycling the valvesprings 2-3 times.

And for further reference...the MS3 is MUCH larger than the cam Tep put in. (at least if it got the 231/231 .621/.621 112)
    ok i got little more duration 237/242 but shes got more lift thats y i said that.

an yes i no i got an ms3 an it needs a tune but i dont think it shouldnt miss like it does. i no at low RPM u need alot less fuel, but i still think it should run alittle better then it does. Am i wrong? idk im just lookin for help.

It did this to me befor when i put my LT's on an 3 coils went bad on the right side of the motor

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

ok i got little more duration 237/242 but shes got more lift thats y i said that.

an yes i no i got an ms3 an it needs a tune but i dont think it shouldnt miss like it does. i no at low RPM u need alot less fuel, but i still think it should run alittle better then it does. Am i wrong? idk im just lookin for help.

It did this to me befor when i put my LT's on an 3 coils went bad on the right side of the motor
    I installed a significantly smaller cam than yours this past summer, and it ran like total crap until I got tuned. It would not hold an idle, misfired, shook the car, and threw misfire codes from the computer, etc. You need a tune bro

Black
    2002 SS camaro

ok man i figured i did i thought it might run alittle lol guess not
    MS3 cam, harland sharp 1.7, pac 1518 sprins, ported 241 heads, LT, 3in E-cutout, Ram stage 2 clutch, 13 lb fly wheel. << 443rwhp 451rwtq>>

hugger orange

When I put my 1st cam in (220/224) it fired right up and ran till it got warm... Then kept dieing and ran VERY rough... And it was a baby cam, luckily had hptuners on the laptop in the garage and got her straitened out pretty quick

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

well i got the cam finished this morning around 130 lol. it sounds nasty i love it. almost everything went good. had a couple problems but i worked them out, big thanks to mark for the tools i would still probably still be doing my springs. now i just need a tune. but im very happy did allbut everything by my self mark help on a couple springs.
    Good job bro!!!! I know exactly how you feel!!!!! I JUST finished installing the whole deal: Heads, Cam, LT's, Rod bolts, Sway Bar, ALL suspension parts + drill/slotted hi performance rotors and pads.......Aren't YOU proud of YOURSELF!! You should share your thoughts of the start up on my thread reference the moment of truth.........it's a long road........congrats.....

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    When I put my 1st cam in (220/224) it fired right up and ran till it got warm... Then kept dieing and ran VERY rough... And it was a baby cam, luckily had hptuners on the laptop in the garage and got her straitened out pretty quick
    Interesting.......mine started right up also (thank God) Idled on its own, and hasn't given me any issues since.....its a 224R TSP ........I NEED a tune now!!!

Thread Information