Cam ?

This is a discussion on Cam ? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; My uncle gave me two cams. One is a Cam Motion cam thatI was able to call and get the ...

Cam ?

My uncle gave me two cams. One is a Cam Motion cam thatI was able to call and get the specs for. The other he says he *thinks* came from a Z06. The problem is, I cant find a way to verify. All it has is a # (5308 S 07 1270) and a box like random pixels on the end of the stick. I called the local chevy dealership and the parts guy was a total deuche. So, am I up a creek or can anyone tell me what i'm looking at? Any help would be very, very ,very appreciated.

blue
    71 Datsun 240Z

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Blk99RamAir View Post
    My uncle gave me two cams. One is a Cam Motion cam thatI was able to call and get the specs for. The other he says he *thinks* came from a Z06. The problem is, I cant find a way to verify. All it has is a # (5308 S 07 1270) and a box like random pixels on the end of the stick. I called the local chevy dealership and the parts guy was a total deuche. So, am I up a creek or can anyone tell me what i'm looking at? Any help would be very, very ,very appreciated.
    I have the same problem. My stock GENIII cam has the same square of random pixels on the end and this number (5308 S 09 1256) I believe this to be a LS6 or a Z06 cam. My Chevy parts guy doesn't have a clue. He "thinks" this is a parts number or the markings of an after market cam grinder. I know it to be a a stock chevy cam, but which one. Any help out there?

g

Thread Information