Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Better cam: Tick Performance SNS Torque Max stage 2 or VRX4

Hey guys. Which cam would be the best fit for my set up: 5.7 aluminum forged block with AFR 210 heads, Fast 92 set up and full bolt ons? The heads are 66cc's as they weren't milled. From my research it seems the torque max cam creates more dynamic compression which would help offset my lack of optimal quench..anyone care to help me on this?

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

It also appears that the duration of the torque max stage 2 (227/235) vs the VRX4 (228/230) would allow the exhaust valves to stay open a bit longer which would allow the AFR heads to create more power and genearate more torque based on the smaller combustion chambers..true?

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    It also appears that the duration of the torque max stage 2 (227/235) vs the VRX4 (228/230) would allow the exhaust valves to stay open a bit longer which would allow the AFR heads to create more power and genearate more torque based on the smaller combustion chambers..true?
    The AFR210's are excellent cylinder heads with a near perfect I/E ratio so they don't really need a split camshaft for optimum power output. Personally I would do a custom grind cam and talk to Tony at AFR, he knows those heads better than anyone (he designs them) and could spec a camshaft that would work the best.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    The AFR210's are excellent cylinder heads with a near perfect I/E ratio so they don't really need a split camshaft for optimum power output. Personally I would do a custom grind cam and talk to Tony at AFR, he knows those heads better than anyone (he designs them) and could spec a camshaft that would work the best.
    OK . Thanks for the reply...I actually have been using the Vrx4 cam with this set up and it has a perfect tune...drives amazing and pulls like a freight train...I was just wondering how much I may be leaving on the table in terms of a better cam package. ..Nick D did the tune....

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Orion. ..where you at brotha!! Your always a huge help with my questions..care to chime in? Anyone else?

Thread Information