Thread: better 350?

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Question better 350?

so im thinking of purchasing a used 350 to replace the 307 in my 69 camaro. Can any 350 be suped up, or are some better for it than others. The one i have my eye on is from a late 70s caprice. If i swap in an aggressive cam and some victor Jr. heads or somethin then will that do the trick, any info on this kinda thing will really help alot, thanks

'57,'63,'70,'91,'01

You can mod any 350. But if you put in a agressive cam and victor heads your will not have the compression you will need to support them. If you are going to spend the cash on those parts, then you should rebuild the short block too. If you are going to drive the car on the street you will be happier with a milder cam and something like a performer RPM combo.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

if you are gonna drive the car on the street dont use a victor jr. i would go for a performer rpm. use a nice solid street cam. yes any 350 can be suped up. they are all the same displacement. some blocks are better then others but make sure you get the block magnafluxed and checked over by a machine shop before you go suping it up. and if your gonna do it right, get urself some good heads. thats where the power is. good heads and a performer rpm manifold, a 650-725 carb, and a good cam and headers. youll be rocking.

blue
    89 camaro rs

like 310stanger said u need it magnafluxed and surfaced at a machine shop , then start puttin sum stuff on it , if u dont get aluminum heads find a set of good cast heads like 041s , 186s, 441s good luck!

Thread Information