Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Baby cam

This is a discussion on Baby cam within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Mr. Luos Any headers other than SLP's. I had them....and HATED them. As for the MAF....it has ...

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Any headers other than SLP's.
    I had them....and HATED them.

As for the MAF....it has adverse effects without a tune. Stocker is good for 500HP easy enough.
    The new SLP headers out don't look too bad actually, still prolly over priced tho and can't be bought without cats I believe.

are most the other ones stainless and jethot coated? plus i got a great deal on mine(FREE). the previous owner bought them the cats and Y-pipe and never installed them. i'll tell ya what does suck. the lack of ground clearance i now have. i lost like 2"s. do the other L/Ts do that too?

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by krazykarl454 View Post
    are most the other ones stainless and jethot coated? plus i got a great deal on mine(FREE). the previous owner bought them the cats and Y-pipe and never installed them. i'll tell ya what does suck. the lack of ground clearance i now have. i lost like 2"s. do the other L/Ts do that too?
    lots of them do make you lose ground clearance, but some hang lower than others.

hugger orange

mark u got pics of the thing any where. sounds super sexy. i'd definetly like to see the wide body kit.

MR. Luos what headers would u recommend over the SLPs? and the whole deal with the stock MAF Vs. 85mm... is it does help if its tuned for it. if u just slap it on there without a tune. its like bolting on any other bolt on and havein it not tuned. your not goin to see its full potential. plus when you upgrade to a larger TB and Intake, why would u want the MAF being the most restrictive part of the system? at least thats what i think
    i need to get some new pics with the car all together.....its just been cold and miserable. i do have some pics of it in the garage half put togther after the paint in the GTO pics in here

hugger orange

mark u got pics of the thing any where. sounds super sexy. i'd definetly like to see the wide body kit.

MR. Luos what headers would u recommend over the SLPs? and the whole deal with the stock MAF Vs. 85mm... is it does help if its tuned for it. if u just slap it on there without a tune. its like bolting on any other bolt on and havein it not tuned. your not goin to see its full potential. plus when you upgrade to a larger TB and Intake, why would u want the MAF being the most restrictive part of the system? at least thats what i think
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...23#post1812823

here's a few pics of my reground cam. looks pretty pro

hugger orange

man that looks familiar

hey any of you guys use that comp cams valve spring comp. made for the LS. it looks like it bolts to the head some how. is that the only way to fit one in there. or was there enough clearance to fit a standard head on compressor?

hugger orange

hey any of you guys use that comp cams valve spring comp. made for the LS. it looks like it bolts to the head some how. is that the only way to fit one in there. or was there enough clearance to fit a standard head on compressor?
    we used a stanard head on compressor and modded it.
    ground the tabs that held the tumb wheel on, pulled it off, then tapped a 3/8" drirve 12 point 15mm socket on the shaft and tack welded it in place......works great!

hmmm..... thats an idea too. have u used hat on f-bodys or just the goat? wonder if the under hood clearance is the same

hugger orange

hmmm..... thats an idea too. have u used hat on f-bodys or just the goat? wonder if the under hood clearance is the same
    used it like this (its more compact now) on my goat, and my friend Bill (its his tool) was used stock on his F-baody, so now it will work better

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information