Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Baby cam

This is a discussion on Baby cam within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by KING Z28 HAWK No problem it really is a great read explains in great detail just got ...

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by KING Z28 HAWK View Post
    No problem it really is a great read explains in great detail
    just got done looking at it......someone else sent me to that same thread awhile back when i was trying to decide on what i wanted....it is a great read with lots of info

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    the cam i just put in my car is 220/224 .570/.580 112 lsa. real aggressive choppy idle and a very decent power gain....while i did the cam swap i also ported and polished the heads. mine is an a4 with a 2800 stall and now that i have done some tuning time it my cold idle is 1065 rpm and warm idle is 950 rpm.....same exhaust as before, but with the head work and cam it is SO much louder and sounds great!
    What's your power w/ that cam? Or has this yet to see the dyno.

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

C5 what mods do you have done?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by KING Z28 HAWK View Post
    C5 what mods do you have done?
    lid, throttle body, ls6 manifold, jet hot headers w/ true duals.
    338hp/355tq

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    What's your power w/ that cam? Or has this yet to see the dyno.
    big seat of the pants gain, i havent had it on a dyno yet.
    i had a cut down peice of head laying there while i was porting my heads to look at so i could see just how far i could safely go without going into the water passages so i was able to take ALOT out of the heads at the same time

hugger orange

here is the cam i got. took about two weeks to get it, but i ordered it just before the holidays. this guy gets your order, then has a local shop grind a new camshaft for you from a blank (kind of like a key cuting machine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS1-P...1%7C240%3A1318

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

It looks like the two guys w/ the cams are probably the one and the same. I like the 220/224 exhaust better than a 220/220. Now all I need is a job

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    It looks like the two guys w/ the cams are probably the one and the same. I like the 220/224 exhaust better than a 220/220. Now all I need is a job
    hey if it makes you feel any better, i have a good job.....and im still broke lol

i also just got a regrind from the same guy. i went with a 220/220 .581/.581 114lsa. i really wanted a 228R but wasn't sure if it was worth the extra 250 bucks. so anyways i should have that in a week or so and i still need to pick out a set of valve springs. MARK.... did u change ur valve springs and to which ones??? thinkin of a tune through texas speed. also... C5Z28 did u have a tune with those numbers? i've herd good things about this baby cam of ours. its funny when i talk to sum of my buddys with 1st gen 350s. would concider our cam huge .

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by krazykarl454 View Post
    i also just got a regrind from the same guy. i went with a 220/220 .581/.581 114lsa. i really wanted a 228R but wasn't sure if it was worth the extra 250 bucks. so anyways i should have that in a week or so and i still need to pick out a set of valve springs. MARK.... did u change ur valve springs and to which ones??? thinkin of a tune through texas speed. also... C5Z28 did u have a tune with those numbers? i've herd good things about this baby cam of ours. its funny when i talk to sum of my buddys with 1st gen 350s. would concider our cam huge .
    Still got your stock stall? If so good choice if you have them money to get a bigger stall then you could of got the 228 with a stall and still been good on driveability if its on a 114. Comp 918 springs would be good for that 581 lift they are good for 600. Check here http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/cate...MID=1&catid=48

After you get that cam in let us know how you like it and if you get it on the dyno post up the dyno sheet.

hugger orange

like KING Z28 HAWK said, I went with comp 918 springs. springs are a must with any cam bigger than stock. I'd recomend a 3,000 stall for a stock ls motor if your an auto. I picked my 2,800 tci stall up off ebay for $140 shipped.
    the guy that sells the cams reckomended longer pushrods, but stock length worked perfect on mine.
    you will need a tune.
    I tuned mine myself (with lots of help from people on here) with hptuners program and just got my wideband in this weekend so I can finish fine tuning.
    I'll get mine on the dyno this spring at one of the car shows

oh i should of mentioned it was an M6 and its got SLP L/Ts, SLP high flow cats, SLP Y-pipe, flowmaster cat back, a lid, and a 85mm MAF. oh i know the 228 would of been plenty streetable it was that i just couldn't find such a swee deal on one. (got alot of projects goin on) but the 220 should keep me happy for awhile. and next car show that comes around ill get her on the dyno. thanks for the info mark and king. ROCK ON!!!

hugger orange

oh i should of mentioned it was an M6 and its got SLP L/Ts, SLP high flow cats, SLP Y-pipe, flowmaster cat back, a lid, and a 85mm MAF. oh i know the 228 would of been plenty streetable it was that i just couldn't find such a swee deal on one. (got alot of projects goin on) but the 220 should keep me happy for awhile. and next car show that comes around ill get her on the dyno. thanks for the info mark and king. ROCK ON!!!
    I have lots of ricer buddies so I can't wait for us to all get together at a car show for the dyno shoot out

hey mark you ever make it out to Carlisle? me and my buddys are usually out there for most the shows. what else u got done to the goat? my dad has an 06' gto he did springs/shocks and all the bushings. but i want him to dig into the motor abit.

hugger orange

hey mark you ever make it out to Carlisle? me and my buddys are usually out there for most the shows. what else u got done to the goat? my dad has an 06' gto he did springs/shocks and all the bushings. but i want him to dig into the motor abit.
    never had my car up there....and havent made it there at all in the last 3 years.
    custom cold air/ram air, cone filter, ported TB, pcv delete, coolant bypass, ported and polished heads (stock 241 casting), 918 comp springs, 220/224 cam, pacesetter Lts, 3" bullet mufflers in to 3" flowmaster super 44's, 3" true duals, hptuners software, MAFless SD tune, 2,800 tci stall, all TM and shift delay deleted, wideband o2.
    then for the body, full hand layed, one off, custom sheet metal wide body kit, with full custom paint job, 500+lbs weight reduction, summit buckets with 5 point harnesses, 4 12" subs, 1000 watt amp, sony cd, Driftz wheels 18x8 front 18x9.5 in the rear raptor 275/30/18
    .....i think thats it lol i get bored very easy

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I would get a stall 1st then get a 226-228ish cam.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I would put the money towards good headers and a stock MAF.

mark u got pics of the thing any where. sounds super sexy. i'd definetly like to see the wide body kit.

MR. Luos what headers would u recommend over the SLPs? and the whole deal with the stock MAF Vs. 85mm... is it does help if its tuned for it. if u just slap it on there without a tune. its like bolting on any other bolt on and havein it not tuned. your not goin to see its full potential. plus when you upgrade to a larger TB and Intake, why would u want the MAF being the most restrictive part of the system? at least thats what i think

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

stock maf is not a restriction.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Any headers other than SLP's.
    I had them....and HATED them.

As for the MAF....it has adverse effects without a tune. Stocker is good for 500HP easy enough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information