Results 1 to 10 of 10

Awesome valvespring tool guys, check this out.

This is a discussion on Awesome valvespring tool guys, check this out. within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; For anyone planning on changing valvesprings out soon, or ever.... this tool looks great, and awesome to use. WAY better ...

  1. #1
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Awesome valvespring tool guys, check this out.

    For anyone planning on changing valvesprings out soon, or ever.... this tool looks great, and awesome to use. WAY better then the tool I used, which worked like complete shit. Pricey... yes, but I bet it works awesome. Planning in my head on how to make it myself.

    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/genera...ring-tool.html

  2. #2
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Ya the only problem with that is it's married to LS1-LS2 heads.
    I have something similar I have used for years made by MAC Tools,,,and it works on every engine made. Very small and compact, great for getting under the cowl of these 4th gens. Only difference is mine does one spring at a time, no biggy,,,but I can use it on BBC and SBC of all generations as well as Ford and Chrysler stuff. And it didn't cost $120

  3. #3
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ya the only problem with that is it's married to LS1-LS2 heads.
    I have something similar I have used for years made by MAC Tools,,,and it works on every engine made. Very small and compact, great for getting under the cowl of these 4th gens. Only difference is mine does one spring at a time, no biggy,,,but I can use it on BBC and SBC of all generations as well as Ford and Chrysler stuff. And it didn't cost $120
    I hear ya, I read a few people have modified it to work on other heads. I just got excited because the compressor I used was such a PITA and this makes it look like a walk in the park. Ill have to check into that Mac tool.

  4. #4
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I hear ya, I read a few people have modified it to work on other heads. I just got excited because the compressor I used was such a PITA and this makes it look like a walk in the park. Ill have to check into that Mac tool.
    You are right. Those tools make it very easy, just shoot a little air in the cylinder and you are good to go. I could shoot a little picture of it if you like. It basically clamps onto the spring and pushes the retainer down, works on everything, even the biggest of springs. I'm betting MAC still makes it, and there are probably copies of it from other manufactures.

  5. #5
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Well, I used a 13 dollar tool. I really wish I didnt, it made life hell. It used the side of the head as the support. Not a good tool, I will never use it again.

  6. #6
    Member DaddySS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bergen Co. NJ
    Posts
    590

    Black
    2000 Camaro SS Conv.

    That's the old Crane cam tool and it works great - it is all I will use!

  7. #7
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddySS View Post
    That's the old Crane cam tool and it works great - it is all I will use!
    exactly. speed inc didn't develop it like they say they did. also, the LS3/L92 design they are "thinking" of making, crane already had. i made a reply in that thread. they did say that brought it back to the market.

    Last edited by mrr23; 05-23-2009 at 05:20 PM.

  8. #8
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Whichever one works the best and has a decent price, thats the one i'll use.

  9. #9
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    exactly. speed inc didn't develop it like they say they did. also, the LS3/L92 design they are "thinking" of making, crane already had. i made a reply in that thread. they did say that brought it back to the market.

    Click for full size
    This makes me wanna go change my springs, just for the hell of it.

    My tool worked horrible. I will be adding this tool to the box sometime in the future.

  10. #10
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    i have one and have used it many times.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Black Anodized Valvespring Height Micrometer - Tool Bin
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 08:20 PM
  2. COMP Cams LS Valvespring Compressor - Tool Bin
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 03:20 AM
  3. check out this tool!!
    By huggerz28 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 10:12 PM
  4. Awesome car for sale - check it out guys
    By srhodes in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 03:37 PM
  5. valvespring tool????
    By ninobrn99 in forum Western Members
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2005, 02:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •