ARAO 32 valve LSX bolt on heads???

This is a discussion on ARAO 32 valve LSX bolt on heads??? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ...

Black
    02 SS #8719

Question ARAO 32 valve LSX bolt on heads???

Anyone know anything about these?
    http://www.araoengineering.com/LSX.htm
    ARAO Engineering has just introduced the 32 valve LSX bolt on heads for the LS-2 and LS-7 motors. These heads are a direct bolt on and use all standard intake and exhaust manifolds, exhaust headers, pistons and standard camshafts. Compression ratios can be set by just flycutting the heads from 10:1 to 12:1. The valves are operated by the standard cams, lifters and pushrods. This is done through shaft mounted needle bearing rockers, that operate 2 valves with one rocker arm.
    The valves are operated by the standard or high performance cam through pushrods, with one pushrod operating 2 valves simultaneously through a special shaft mounted rocker arm. The rockers are needle bearing with through shafts on the exhaust and individual shafts on the intake rockers.
    Due to the way that 4 valves per cylinder flows, there is a huge gain in Horsepower over a 2 valve head. To the tune of 100HP more. And this using the same induction, exhaust, cams etc.
    The heads come with everything necessary to convert to 32v. Pair heads fully assembled, pair valve covers, rocker assembly and shafts.
    32vLSX stage II “B” heads $7499.00
    32vLSX stage III “B” heads $8499.00
    32v LSX combustion chamber face. Shows standard head bolt locations and standard location water jacketing access holes. Uses stock head gaskets. The two extra head studs are a special order option to be used with the GM LSX Bowtie block with 6 studs per cylinder.
    32v LSX combustion chamber. 4 valves per cylinder, flat chamber. Shortest possible flame front of any combustion chamber possible. This is a fast burn low detonation combustion chamber, with less spark lead necessary at peak HP levels.
    Compression ratio is adjustable from 10:1 to 12:1 by just flycutting the heads
    The intake ports are standard LS-7. They are a good high rectangle port with good entry to the back of the valves. The LS-7 manifold will fit even if the heads are used on an LS-2 block.
    Intake port flow is
    405CFM @ .600” lift
    It is the way that 4 valve heads flow that provides the performance gain. Which is much more air flow right off of the seat. At only .100” lift, they flow 50% more air than a racing 2 valve LS head. And it carries this advantage in air flow all the way up to full lift. This huge gain, or area under the curve as it is called, more fully fills the cylinder producing the impressive torque and Horsepower gains that is legendary with 4 valves.
    32v valve cover from top to head gasket face is 9”. Stock LS valve cover to head gasket surface is 7”
    32v valve cover width is 6.25” width of stock cover is 4.5”
    Length of head and cover is the same as a stock LS head.

2009 Corvette ZO6

^ Yeah, those are based on the old Dominion (now aero) 32 valve heads from the traditional SBC (now LSX). Very well made, however the cost always kept them out of everyone's range, especially when similar power can be made with AFR's. Other than bragging rights, I'd honestly avoid them....

Black
    02 SS #8719

Thanks for the heads up!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I just bought 2 sets of these. One for my GTO and one for the f-body.

j/k That's some serious scratch for a set of heads.

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Holy hell....that is expensive..probaly some pretty big power gains to be made with them though. I want ! I want power with out a cam with a lumpy idle and all. Anyone here have them installed or have seen them on a Ls2?

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Ahhhh pooo. I just looked at the dyno chart they have on their site, not much of a HP and TRQ gain considering the price...

Black
    02 SS #8719

Yeah crazy prices! I don't see them selling too many of these. I can get a 427 long block for that kind of money let alone a just set of heads.

Black
    1970 Convertible Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by SScott View Post
    Yeah crazy prices! I don't see them selling too many of these. I can get a 427 long block for that kind of money let alone a just set of heads.
    I agree. Crazy prices!!! Now way I would spend that kind of money on those heads. Those are for the guys that have way too much money and need to get rid of it.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Maybe they will drop in price down the road?

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

they'll never make another set. look around for ARAO. they've had LT1 style heads and standard SBC heads for years. one guy on camaroz28.com waited for five+ years for his. still hasn't gotten them. he gave up and went with the GM SB2.2 heads.

Thread Information