Thread: 6.0

White
    2001 Z28

im thinking of getting a 6.0 this weekend what you guys think the best thing to do would be

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

How deep are your pockets?

White
    2001 Z28

not worry about budget yet

white
    2000 Z28

Like ed's quote says stroked blown and sprayed. Since you don't have to worry about a budget and all. Don't forget the supporting goodies. I wish I didn't have to worry about a budget

White
    2001 Z28

well now it looks like im getting 2 of them one block and the other one complete motor so ill probably do some stuff to the complete and drop it in while the other one gets stroke and some turbos probably by march the twin turbo should be done but now i need some ideas on wa to do to the other 6.0 some that i dont have to take pistons or stuff out simple good hp stuff i got the ls6 intake from my old ls1, 4.10 gears its a six speed and i need more power for now.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I just went with a low compression 408 with the 6.0. Dropping an F1-C in. Very strong block so I built mine for boost. If you were to go N/A I'd go with a 427

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Redphoenix1998 View Post
    I just went with a low compression 408 with the 6.0. Dropping an F1-C in. Very strong block so I built mine for boost. If you were to go N/A I'd go with a 427
    If you are looking for any info on getting that blower in there, check this out: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forced...1-c-build.html

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    If you are looking for any info on getting that blower in there, check this out: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forced...1-c-build.html
    Very nice, but the stock bottom end is puzzeling. I wouldnt be able to stand not turning the F1 where it wants to be! Either way, I bet it runs great.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Very nice, but the stock bottom end is puzzeling. I wouldnt be able to stand not turning the F1 where it wants to be! Either way, I bet it runs great.

The car was strong N/A and he got a good deal on the blower setup, so it went on there. He will replacing the bottom end with a nice iron stroker in the first half of next year.

I have a half dozen other customers in the mid 600s on the stock bottom and everyone tells them "any day now..." 1 of them has been driven and raced that way for 4 years now, 3 of them for 3 years... I agree it sounds sketch but they have all stayed together. I am a large methanol proponent though. I don't even like to tune FI without it. It keeps the engine from knocking, and that keeps them together. It makes power through cooling and has octane value. Occasionally, you run across a stubborn owner who thinks he is good without it (or has some reason why he doesn't 'like it'), but it's just from not realizing how much it helps or having no experience with it.

White
    2001 Z28

just came back from texas picking up a 6.0 bare block probably getting the complete on tuesday or friday. im sending the block with a friend to get 408 the other one im dropping it in about 2 to 4 weeks and i dont know what to add other than a cam kit, ls6 intake and polish and port the 6.0 heads oh yea o most forgot nitrous

White
    2001 Z28

oh yea i told my friend take a couple months on the 408 so i can get the money for the twins. i still haven't decided on the size

Thread Information