Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

56cc Lingenfelter CNC'd heads. What cam?

This is a discussion on 56cc Lingenfelter CNC'd heads. What cam? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Hi-Po I wish I had any help of any kind. I did recruit some help for putting ...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I wish I had any help of any kind. I did recruit some help for putting the radiator back in. But thats just because I helped load my buddies GSXR 600 onto a trailer after he snapped his chain and gear box off his bike. I forced them to come over.

I have 3 buddies, two are mechanics and one is a great helper. And on top of that, one of my mechanic friend's dad is a master mechanic and owns his own shop. He did all mods in sig. If we get in trouble, can always ask him for help
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    did it run any better for you with the changes to the tune?
    For some reason. No. I closed the scanner. That does have to be closed correct? Or at least disconnected? I saved that 44444 we made. Write calibration only. Finished the write, started it up, and it did do anything. I didnt take it for a drive at all. But the idle didnt change. Tomorrow Im coming straight home and going to un plug the MAF and run SD. Then log LTFT and STFT and copy paste special off my Primary and Secondary VE's like we talked about. Then save that over the 44444 and try to to write calibration again. I dont know why it didnt at least change the idle.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I have 3 buddies, two are mechanics and one is a great helper. And on top of that, one of my mechanic friend's dad is a master mechanic and owns his own shop. He did all mods in sig. If we get in trouble, can always ask him for help
    Own shop? Yea, rub it in asshole.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Own shop? Yea, rub it in asshole.
    Ohh don't let that fool you, where doing this build in my parents garage since my Apt doesn't have a garage. I wish we could use his shop/lifts. Only help he would give us is needed tools (Snap-On FTW) , advice and if we majorly fucked up, maybe a stop by/help.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Ohh don't let that fool you, where doing this build in my parents garage since my Apt doesn't have a garage. I wish we could use his shop/lifts. Only help he would give us is needed tools (Snap-On FTW) , advice and if we majorly fucked up, maybe a stop by/help.
    Cool. Sounds good, Get it done man.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Cool. Sounds good, Get it done man.
    Lingenfelter Oil pump came today Now just the cam, head bolts, new exhaust, clutch, and it will be good to go........ I hope. I am figuring by the time I get it done (mid summer) it will have been 8 months since I drove or rode in a F-Body

hugger orange

For some reason. No. I closed the scanner. That does have to be closed correct? Or at least disconnected? I saved that 44444 we made. Write calibration only. Finished the write, started it up, and it did do anything. I didnt take it for a drive at all. But the idle didnt change. Tomorrow Im coming straight home and going to un plug the MAF and run SD. Then log LTFT and STFT and copy paste special off my Primary and Secondary VE's like we talked about. Then save that over the 44444 and try to to write calibration again. I dont know why it didnt at least change the idle.
    you might have to thottle stop bolt too tight.....im not sure

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    you might have to thottle stop bolt too tight.....im not sure
    ill back that off a half turn tomorrow.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Hi-Po, what kind of compression do you think/know your making with those small of CC heads?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Well, not knowing a few things for the dynamic CR ratio calculator like gasket thickness(compressed), how far the piston is in hole/above, the ACTUAL CC dish ( I have heard 7,8,10 and 12.) I have heard that 8 is very close to the actual CC... its over 11 static. But I have yet to plug the numbers in the dynamic CR calculator.

Either way, its high.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I would say so. Can't wait to see dyno numbers for that thing

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Thats a question I was going to start a thread about in the Dino section. I have a dino at my work. It is a full chassis dino, BUT its used to dino semi trucks. (Caterpillar). I was wondering if this dino would give me different reading than a normal hi-po shop dino. Im pretty sure I can get free dino time after works a few days if im nice to the shit head boss in charge of it.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

11:1 isn't much from an LSx....

Be interested to get the build sheet on that motor and get the calculator ran on it.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

No need to do idle airflow tuning if the VE isn't finished and the end OLFA table has been established. It will change with OL mixture. Just rough in some idle air numbers, push them around as you are tuning other things to get them closer by watching STITs and LTITs.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    No need to do idle airflow tuning if the VE isn't finished and the end OLFA table has been established. It will change with OL mixture. Just rough in some idle air numbers, push them around as you are tuning other things to get them closer by watching STITs and LTITs.
    Hmm, basically I was just trying to get it to were it would stop wanting to die when I was on the brakes/stopping. The idle dips very low, down to 300 RPM's! It will stall coming to a stop if I dont feather the brake right now. I need to get it to where it will stop stalling. The bucking ans surging is pretty bad also. Im assuming the VE and fueling changes will change that. Hopefully. I just dont know why my write only didnt take. It should have raised the idle to 1000 or so. I raised it to 1050-1100 for now. I also subtracted 4* of timing from WOT.

For some reason I had 19.5 AFR at 40 MAP Kpa at 5600 RPM. It was just one cell. Still freaked me out.

I raised hi/low RPM thresh hold and RPM disable to 8000 for running in SD tomorrow. I have my Target Idle speed set at 1150 and its still idling at 800-900 and having a horrible idle coming off a high rev. Is this right?

I was going to just un plug it. Should I instead set it to 1000Hz? I was also going to turn ON LTFT when I was logging in SD tomorrow. Thats not right? I was also going to just try to make the secondary mirror the primary. Dont do that? Im trying to get this going tomorrow. Why only use STFT? I have the LTFT off right now, but with all my scans since the new cam... the MAF has been plugged in also.

"So tomorrow I will either unplug the MAF or set the frequency to 1000 Hz. Then disable the LTFT again, (not sure why, thought I would want that along with STFT to use in my VE tables). Then take it out and make a log and try to adjust VE tables. "

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

To get the car into SD I go one of two routes:

1. Set MAF fail freq to 0
    2. Set all MAF DTCs to MIL on first and un-check the SES box
    OR
    1. Unplug the MAF But even then I set the MAF DTCs to MIL on First.

Disable CL all together, no STFTs or LTFTs, there is no need for them with the wideband. Make SURE as soon as you begin logging to use VCM controls and reset fuel trims. LTFTs will still apply in previously learned positions without doing this and will ruin your logs. Don't forget to disable DFCO and the clutch fuel cut under it as well for VE tuning. I usually set the OLFA to 1.0 above 140degF to keep commanded fueling from wandering around and causing additional transitional error.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Do you use 91 octane or 93 octane for those heads you have?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I use 93, because I can. Sometimes I run 94.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    The heads don't matter nearly as much as the static and dynamic compression ratios. Along with timing.

He has dished pistons...giving him more clearance and less compression (over what stock would be).
    His compression is apparently right around mine. 11:1. I run 91 without issue.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    The heads don't matter nearly as much as the static and dynamic compression ratios. Along with timing.

He has dished pistons...giving him more clearance and less compression (over what stock would be).
    His compression is apparently right around mine. 11:1. I run 91 without issue.
    hey MR Luos, do you happen to have the formula to figure dynamic compression with stock 241 heads (ported & polished but I didn't have them milled), stock LS1 flat top pistons in a stock 04 GTO with a 220/224 .570/.580 lift on a 112lsa?
    I'll admit it I could probably find it and figure it out, but I'm hardly ever home unless it's to get a nap before I go back to work.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information