Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

500hp?

This is a discussion on 500hp? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by ninobrn99 here ya go: http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488507 yup! I saw that post the other day as well. Pretty damn ...

Quote Originally Posted by ninobrn99
    yup! I saw that post the other day as well. Pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

anniversary red
    2003 corvette

stage 2 cam and heads, lifters, rockers, rods, springs, kooks long tube headers with hight flow cats and a corsa exhaust. I should get the car back in about a week. they claim somewhere between 420-440 rwhp. i will let you know the results when i get it back.

An ls1 will hold alot of power as long as you have it tuned and set up right. My car puts down about 560RWHP on a 150 shot and it has no problem with this setup. As a matter of fact I daily drive the car. And the thing is I have the stock 10-bolt with 4:10's and it is a 6-speed car.

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Like I said before, A naturally aspirated 500rwhp with stock cubes LS1 that is daily drivable is a tall order, Most of the cars running big cams like the T-Rex and G5x4 are not that street friendly. Also by the time you finish upgrading your engine to be able to make and support that kind of power, you could have bought a 402 LS2 and be making the same power in a more street friendly package and have room to add even more power in the future. My .02
    2000 NBM Camaro Z28
    Mods:
    SLP Lid & K&N, AHR Headers + 3" catted Y and Mangaflow, !EGR, !AIR, BMR CM STB, ST Front 35mm and Hellwig Adj. Rear 22mm Swaybar, Adj. Rod/Rod PHB, Koni SA's, Ground Control Springs & Adj. Ride height, and HPTuners.

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by perkdaddy08
    An ls1 will hold alot of power as long as you have it tuned and set up right. My car puts down about 560RWHP on a 150 shot and it has no problem with this setup. As a matter of fact I daily drive the car. And the thing is I have the stock 10-bolt with 4:10's and it is a 6-speed car.
    but your also not spraying it 100% of the time. without the nitrous your motor is even a bit safer since your not running as much timing N/A.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

500 rwhp is attainable on a stock LS1 block but it won't last long, I know that for a fact cause I did it in my TA which is an M6. My car is streetable but barely because of the cam I was running. Basically I nailed down 500 rwhp and 500 ft lb with full bolts on's, open exhaust, computer tuning, stage 2 heads with a TR 230 cam on a 600 hp ram clutch and a built rearend which I baby all the time now. Bottom end last for about 4000 miles then bottom end went bye bye so I opted for a low compression forged bottom end with the stock cubes for a procharger. With the setup I have now, I still push about 490 rwhp. Problems I had running my setup were durability, hard cold starts in the morning, waiting for the car to warm up just to get it going, loss of vacuum for the brakes, hence, I added a vacuum brake booster which helps out a lot with my once erratic idle and horrible braking. Trust me, it's not that fun coming off the offramp of a freeway, hitting the brakes and the car dies out. Praying I don't spin the tires next to a cop, believe me, I get nervous, praying I don't get pulled over for my car being too loud. Traction is an issue with that much power in an M6, I've started in 2nd just for shits and giggles at the track and hooked up like I started in 1st But as the power goes up, so do the list of mods. New built T56, built rearend, moving on to a 12 bolt soon, and stiffening the chassis and a lot of suspension work to get the car to hook. Tires I roast through every 3 months because I run with only drag radials in the back and they spin a lot even at 1/4 throttle hence the reason why I drive a beater car around town and am looking into a streetable V8 that I will hopefully leave bone stock.

i've heard of it being done but getting there as said before, is the difficult part. i have GTP stage 2+ heads, a t rex on order along with the FAST 90/NW90 TB, and have other supporting mods such as longtubes,etc. and im not expecting anything more than 440ish. as far as streetability...im kinda worried. i have no idea how much bottom end im gonna lose but im sure i won't have much below 3500..thunder told me that past 3500 it's like a rocket ship...we'll see. i'm also worried about cruisin on the highway in 6th..dunno how the surging is going to be ,etc. but ehh what the hell right? mind as well try it.

if you have the money and want to make the big hp...get the bigger cubes.

white
    1999 camaro z28

All you guys with 400hp and more. What kind of tourq you guys putting out and what kind of ET are you guys running.

Quote Originally Posted by fastz99
    All you guys with 400hp and more. What kind of tourq you guys putting out and what kind of ET are you guys running.

i'll let you know as soon as i get mine back next week

white
    1999 camaro z28

cool thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information