Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • ls6 long block

4 12.90%
  • built something else

27 87.10%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

500 rwhp

This is a discussion on 500 rwhp within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by 02transamce yeah,my goals did not really match up,500 hp and 12 sec 1/4 mile time,i think i ...

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    yeah,my goals did not really match up,500 hp and 12 sec 1/4 mile time,i think i will just put a ls6 long block or crate engine in there with the performabuilt trans and 3200 stall with a 3.42 gear and call it a day.
    Really a 408 wouldnt be that much more than the LS6 long block. i only say that because it would suck to get the LS6 and then regret it later. The 408 just has so much more potential.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

good,i just didn't want to go that route and find out later there was a more powerful engine combo that would cost the same $.i have found the ls6 for as low as $3500.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...id=46&catid=28

After this all you would need is heads, cam and it would be in the same boat as the LS6 long block. if you go with patroit LS6 heads they run about $1300 fully assm.

everything from your motor will swap over.

white
    1998 ws6 trans am

I switched my car to e85 to take advantage of the 105 octane but it is also cheaper to run on than permium gas. Typically around here e85 is .75-.85 less than 03 premium. I upped the timing for power but as far as converting it all I changed was the schosch. I don't know if e85 is available around you but it is all over in Illinois. I picked up a tenth and a 2 mile an hour in the eigth on a warmer day compared to 93 gas.

Medium Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A-7.0L-6spd

theres a guy in my town with the stock 346, prc 2.5 5.3L heads, TSP cam, Fast 92/92. and makes like 502 @ the wheels. but its M6

gold
    2000 honder accord

Quote Originally Posted by SHovV View Post
    theres a guy in my town with the stock 346, prc 2.5 5.3L heads, TSP cam, Fast 92/92. and makes like 502 @ the wheels. but its M6
    Im gonna go ahead and call bull shit on that one... or its an insanely inflated dyno.

edit: I suppose it could be true, but Idk hes got one hell of a tuner if he does have those numbers...
    Last edited by andrew rs; 07-31-2009 at 10:23 AM.

Medium Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A-7.0L-6spd

lol call idc

Yellow
    2002 Trans Am Collectors

How was your tune at speed south ? I've had a few email comms with them and they seem very professional. My 2002 CETA is throwing a PO 430 and PO 327 right now and as soon as I get time to clear that up I'm going to take this bird up there for a tune.... I know very little about this bird (bought it sight unseen via internet auction) I know it has the $400 buck K&N filter mod, Short tube Idelbrock headers, some type of cat back exhaust system, and it came with a Hypertech 3 tuner.. I'm no expert about none of this stuff but the transmission seems to stay in 1st gear a little longer than what I would think a stock one would. The shift to second is vary "HARD" for a lack of a better term. It then shifts through the remaining gears very firmly and quickly... even a low speeds ? I never have been able to feel or see any converter lock up...Could be other drive train mods I don't know about ? Possibly a stall mod ? This bird has very low miles on it and sat for around 14 months prior to acquisition. One more question, That PO 430 code refers to poor performance regarding a Cat. converter. The cats are still under warranty (if they are stock) for another year or so. Will those short tube headers void the warranty or will any other mod I know about ?

red
    2002 ss camaro

My VA SPEED 402 runs Great on the street and has 516rwhp through an auto. I drive it every day! I love it.
    [/SIGPIC]02 SS LE 402 lQ9 516rwhp 470rwtq.fast 92/92 . 3.73 gears in ten bolt going to fab 9. bmr lca's, tq arm , phb, Bonspeed Deltas 18x9 up front with 18x10 out back.
    VIRGINIASPEED.COM http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/dynamo...eed-402-a.html

In need of another LS1 00blacktransam112's Avatar

Black
    2000 Pontiac TA

Quote Originally Posted by andrew rs View Post
    Im gonna go ahead and call bull shit on that one... or its an insanely inflated dyno.

edit: I suppose it could be true, but Idk hes got one hell of a tuner if he does have those numbers...

he could also have a big ass cam too. like MS4 or bigger. their "Giant" cam specs out at 248/254, .615"/.622". thats alot of cam

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by andrew rs View Post

not sae correct..i will bet my life on that one

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Now THAT is a HAPPY dyno!

red
    2000TA

how much power can you get out of a ls3 crate motor with the right cam?

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by ribbits View Post
    How was your tune at speed south ? I've had a few email comms with them and they seem very professional. My 2002 CETA is throwing a PO 430 and PO 327 right now and as soon as I get time to clear that up I'm going to take this bird up there for a tune.... I know very little about this bird (bought it sight unseen via internet auction) I know it has the $400 buck K&N filter mod, Short tube Idelbrock headers, some type of cat back exhaust system, and it came with a Hypertech 3 tuner.. I'm no expert about none of this stuff but the transmission seems to stay in 1st gear a little longer than what I would think a stock one would. The shift to second is vary "HARD" for a lack of a better term. It then shifts through the remaining gears very firmly and quickly... even a low speeds ? I never have been able to feel or see any converter lock up...Could be other drive train mods I don't know about ? Possibly a stall mod ? This bird has very low miles on it and sat for around 14 months prior to acquisition. One more question, That PO 430 code refers to poor performance regarding a Cat. converter. The cats are still under warranty (if they are stock) for another year or so. Will those short tube headers void the warranty or will any other mod I know about ?
    speedsouth is very professional and i would recommend them to anyone,very knowledgeable about f-bodys.the p0430 code is a catalyst code,my t/a was throwing that code,i put long tube headers,cat-free y-pipe and magnaflow muffler on and a speedsouth tune took care of the ses light.found out after i took my stock cats off one convertor wa hollow inside,which was causing the p0430 code!read mt "don't trust midas thread" for more details.when you go to speedsouth they will ask you detailed questions about your t/a's modifications,so spend some time looking over your car and tell them everything about how it drives and mods done to it,this is very important info and will effect your tune.you in the b'ham area?

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by garygnu65 View Post
    how much power can you get out of a ls3 crate motor with the right cam?
    500+ easy..if you do some head work, and bolt on work..

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Love to see it at the track. M6 or not, that dyno has major inflated numbers to put on un-knowing customers that dont know any better that that number would be complete BS.

Medium Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A-7.0L-6spd

@ everyone who doubts it

Yellow
    2002 Trans Am Collectors

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    speedsouth is very professional and i would recommend them to anyone,very knowledgeable about f-bodys.the p0430 code is a catalyst code,my t/a was throwing that code,i put long tube headers,cat-free y-pipe and magnaflow muffler on and a speedsouth tune took care of the ses light.found out after i took my stock cats off one convertor wa hollow inside,which was causing the p0430 code!read mt "don't trust midas thread" for more details.when you go to speedsouth they will ask you detailed questions about your t/a's modifications,so spend some time looking over your car and tell them everything about how it drives and mods done to it,this is very important info and will effect your tune.you in the b'ham area?
    Thanks for the info.... So, you are saying that all I need to do is clear up the PO327 Code (low voltage front knock sensor) and he can deal with the PO420 code ? I've already purchased the knock sensors and he said he would charge two hours Labor to install them. Sound like a pretty good deal to me??? How much HP does your bird deliver ? Whats the most that I can expect to get out of this bird without tearing into the engine proper ?? I really don't know much about cars as this is new to me I'M INTO AIRPLANES, NOT CARS and I'm not to sure what the original owner (who's in the big house) did to this bird other that the obvious things that I've already mentioned... All I've done myself is to install the throttle body by-pass. The Engine temps seem to run just below the 210 deg mark so I'm assuming it still has the OEM thermostat? Like I said, I'm not to interested mods involving cams, heads, pistons and the like, but I would appreciate any other suggestions you may have regarding improving performance using bolt on mods. And please take it easy on all the abbreviations, like I said this is new to me... I wonder how many CETA's there are in Bama ? This car is not a daily driver. I actually bought it for someone else but that did not work out so I'm just piddling around with it. I had forgotten how thrilling it was to go fast on the ground. I'm located about 25 miles south of Auburn, but I grew up in T-Town so don't get the wrong idea about me ... Thanks again

98' trans am

@ everyone who doubts it
    wait..so you believe it ?

pewter
    2000 ss slp

procharger!!!!! i run mid 12's spinning the to 3rd gear ....funnn

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information