Thread: 500 ci ls1

hugger orange

500 ci ls1

anyone see the 500ci ls stroker in hiperformance chevy mag? (think ricer) they use a deckplate and 1 inch longer sleeves (siamiese cylinders)with a bigger bore. its a good read and I might look into this in a few years when the price drops

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

im not a huge fan of sleeved ls1s..especially when you can buy a lq4/lq9..or ls2/ls3 block and get it there..ok not on the lqXs

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    im not a huge fan of sleeved ls1s..especially when you can buy a lq4/lq9..or ls2/ls3 block and get it there..ok not on the lqXs
    I agree, although all LS1's are sleeved. I consider them throwaways really though. The added expense of sleeving since they cannot be bored just isn't cost effective when a brand new bare cast iron truck block is so cheap. Plus it can be simply bored later for another refresh down the road.
    The added benefit of all the crate engines around now make things even easier.

If you want bigger cubes I would shoot for a C5R block or aftermarket LSX block.

Sad thing is none of this is cheap, LSx motors just haven't had the luxury yet of being around for 50+ years.
    Sure would be nice though.

Thread Information