Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

427 or 454 LSx Stroker?

This is a discussion on 427 or 454 LSx Stroker? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Are you shitting me? A 220 somethin in a 427+??? It would probably choke and die. Most guys running 402/408's ...

  1. #21
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Are you shitting me?

    A 220 somethin in a 427+??? It would probably choke and die.

    Most guys running 402/408's are running 240's.

    22X anything for that motor is way to small.

  2. #22
    15 sec. Oh yeah, its fast UTVols98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Forest Lake, MN
    Age
    38
    Posts
    488

    maroon
    2000 Z28

    Not if you're running forced induction. Most people running turbos on a 346 are only running 21x duration so a 22x would be right for a 427. He's trying to run forced induction. If it was N/A then, yes, a 24x or 25x duration would be ideal, but not when your forcing air into the cylinders. You should read the posts a little better.
    Last edited by UTVols98; 10-01-2008 at 03:02 AM.

  3. #23
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    I agree. Too small of a cam, even for the forced induction.

    I would think 236/244 or something in that area.

  4. #24
    15 sec. Oh yeah, its fast UTVols98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Forest Lake, MN
    Age
    38
    Posts
    488

    maroon
    2000 Z28

    For forced induction? Most people with 427's I see are running 24x intake duration N/A

  5. #25
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by UTVols98 View Post
    For forced induction? Most people with 427's I see are running 24x intake duration N/A


    For some of these newer grinds, the overlap is kept down.
    Hell, a friend is running a 236/244 in his blown 347. Making GREAT power. That is what Futral spec'd for him.

  6. #26
    15 sec. Oh yeah, its fast UTVols98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Forest Lake, MN
    Age
    38
    Posts
    488

    maroon
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post


    For some of these newer grinds, the overlap is kept down.
    Hell, a friend is running a 236/244 in his blown 347. Making GREAT power. That is what Futral spec'd for him.
    That big of a duration on a blown LS1. I'm amazed.

  7. #27
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by UTVols98 View Post
    That big of a duration on a blown LS1. I'm amazed.
    I was floored as well.
    But it works great.

  8. #28
    Member BlueMagicSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Age
    29
    Posts
    295

    Candy Blue
    2000 Camaro SS

    Decisions Decisions..... at least I have a couple months to decide.... still can't decide on 427 or 454... turbo or supercharged... tough choices... but thanks to everyone for their help

    2000 Camaro SS, M6, Edelbrock LT's, Eibach Pro-Kit, Edelbrock Adjustable Coil-Overs
    1986 Camaro Iroc LS1 Swap In Progress

    Blue Magic...
    Like Pepsi It's A Brand Name...

  9. #29
    Party Time, Excellent... Kingc8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    256

    Arctic White
    2000 Z-28

    A MS4 would be considered a baby cam in a 408 or above lol

  10. #30
    Junior Member TecHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2

    Pearl Blue
    1985 IROC Z28

    I hear you guy, I cant decide weather to go with a 440 or 454 combo. I also cant decide which car to put it in, the 1997 Camaro or my 1985 IROC thats in my avatar. I have been sitting on my LSX block for over a year!!!!!!!!

    One thing you may want to consider is, some say any thing over 4.00" stroke crank tends pull the skirts of the pistons to far out of the cylinder. This will damage the piston skirts eventually, especially in a street application. Just something to think about!
    Last edited by TecHunter; 10-08-2008 at 05:47 AM.

  11. #31

  12. #32
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by TecHunter View Post
    I hear you guy, I cant decide weather to go with a 440 or 454 combo. I also cant decide which car to put it in, the 1997 Camaro or my 1985 IROC thats in my avatar. I have been sitting on my LSX block for over a year!!!!!!!!

    One thing you may want to consider is, some say any thing over 4.00" stroke crank tends pull the skirts of the pistons to far out of the cylinder. This will damage the piston skirts eventually, especially in a street application. Just something to think about!
    you can give it to me, if you're lost for what to do with it

  13. #33
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    you can give it to me, if you're lost for what to do with it
    LSX If I bought a LSX block... the fucker would not, no way sit around for any length of time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 02-11-2012, 12:08 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: 6.0 stroker
    By speeedo in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 02:43 AM
  2. Stroker q
    By grandkodiak in forum LT1
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 09:53 PM
  3. Stroker kit on LS1?
    By Wheeler99WS6 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-24-2007, 08:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •