Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

408 stroker?

This is a discussion on 408 stroker? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Hey Sarge I read your post with great interest as I have just lost a piston in my 04 gto ...

Yellow w/ flames
    2004 GTO

Hey Sarge I read your post with great interest as I have just lost a piston in my 04 gto after the STS install. What CR would you suggest with that same setup.

Thanks - Lanse

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Most of us went the LQ9 iron block route when building our Stroker motors.
    Just stay away from the SLP motors.....
    Just wondering why you'd say stay away from these motors....I have one of theirs and haven't had any problems yet........do you know of any????

Ruby Red
    98 Camaro Z28 402 stroker

I heard they are pretty good. hmm

SOM BTCH

SOM
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    Just wondering why you'd say stay away from these motors....I have one of theirs and haven't had any problems yet........do you know of any????
    I was wondering the same thing. Haven't heard of any major issues with them yet.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by SDMForever View Post
    im serious i forgot to add my twin garretts. sorry but with out them im at 600
    You running a 90mm intake/tb setup? Meth/Alky?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Oh hell yes....lots of pissed off folks.....seems SLP decided cheap on the pistons and some other critical components was the way to go....google SLP 402 and put on your reading glasses...lots of folks over a LSXTech....

SOM BTCH

SOM
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Looks like many of the threads about SLP on tech got removed.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Oh hell yes....lots of pissed off folks.....seems SLP decided cheap on the pistons and some other critical components was the way to go....google SLP 402 and put on your reading glasses...lots of folks over a LSXTech....
    Cheap on the pistons?????? They use Ross 2618 forged alloy pistons......the Mahle pistons are made of the exact same thing.......both rated at 1500hp......SLP has plenty of customers pushing over 1000+hp....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Now now....I won't argue an SLP engine in recent history....but they have had more than a few issues here in the past 6-8 months...then do not honor any warranty....I would post links to other sites...but encourage you to research on your own....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by gillbot View Post
    Looks like many of the threads about SLP on tech got removed.
    Yup...they are a big sponsor there...money talks....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by DadsYellowGoat View Post
    Hey Sarge I read your post with great interest as I have just lost a piston in my 04 gto after the STS install. What CR would you suggest with that same setup.

Thanks - Lanse
    Sorry man...I just saw this for the first time.....Who tuned the STS? Curious...what boost were you running/intercooler?/fuel pump?/Injectors? Curious...anyway...I assume your asking as if your gonna install the STS on a rebuilt LS1? 5-7lbs with an intercooler and a good tune....invest in a A/F meter also....and you should be good to go....the stock LS1 comes with what? 10.5-1 I think.....yeah...properly setup you should be able to run 5-7lbs of boost all day....

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Now now....I won't argue an SLP engine in recent history....but they have had more than a few issues here in the past 6-8 months...then do not honor any warranty....I would post links to other sites...but encourage you to research on your own....
    Not an argument......just kinda curious about all this......can you PM me some links....I did a search for SLP 402 issues/problems things like that but couldn't really find much.......yes...they offer no warranty but not many will when you get motors like this.......I mean knowing we will push them to the limit everytime....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Not an argument......just kinda curious about all this......can you PM me some links....I did a search for SLP 402 issues/problems things like that but couldn't really find much.......yes...they offer no warranty but not many will when you get motors like this.......I mean knowing we will push them to the limit everytime....
    No arguments here....I know better than to argue with a guy about his car or his wife.....I have a warranty on my Henricks Motor Sports 402 for defects and materials...what happened...was this...on LS1tech....one guy reported a piston melting....had it analyzed and found shitty pistons (some bullshit neverheard of brand) rings and bearings were all low qaulity...I mean he had them by the balls....SLP bascially told him in front of the world no warranty...from there a few more popped up with the exact same issues...SLP told them to fuck off.....I mean they had pics/written reports from unbiased third parties who inspected the parts etc. Few popped up on other boards....So why bother with all that hassle? I'll just stick with Henricks....I'll PM you some reading materials

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

No arguments here....I know better than to argue with a guy about his car or his wife.....I have a warranty on my Henricks Motor Sports 402 for defects and materials...what happened...was this...on LS1tech....one guy reported a piston melting....had it analyzed and found shitty pistons (some bullshit neverheard of brand) rings and bearings were all low qaulity...I mean he had them by the balls....SLP bascially told him in front of the world no warranty...from there a few more popped up with the exact same issues...SLP told them to fuck off.....I mean they had pics/written reports from unbiased third parties who inspected the parts etc. Few popped up on other boards....So why bother with all that hassle? I'll just stick with Henricks....I'll PM you some reading materials
    Wow......hope I dont have the same results......I wish World Products had their LSX Warhawk block out before I ordered this motor......then I wouldn't worry about much.......that is my next motor hands down!!!!! 454ci out of a small block!!!! Can't beat that...

Ruby Red

You running a 90mm intake/tb setup? Meth/Alky?
    methanol, and fasts 90s

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I suspected....great numbers...what does she run?

Ruby Red

9.275 with a 12 bolt i want a 9 inch though

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You got me by 1.5 seconds....I'm all motor on pump gas
    Fun aint it

Ruby Red

hell yea good time on motor!

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

I did not have luck with SLP on my 01 WS6. I went with there stroker. It's now why I have a GTO. I had to buy another motor just to get a trade for my goat. It was a nightmare. I should of looked around and shop, but I was impatient, and it got the best of me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information