Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

383 Stroker help

This is a discussion on 383 Stroker help within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Sleeper101 Not sure if you had the same problem or Not but just recently about 3 weeks ...

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Not sure if you had the same problem or Not but just recently about 3 weeks ago Eagle sent us 2 different cranks and both were bad! We put them on the balancing machine and they were way out of round. So they finally hand picked us a good crank. I think they ran into a batch of bad cranks. The first 2 we received looked used. The journals were all scuffed up and not polished. But eagle was very cool and helped us figure out the situation. Good luck on your build Im firing mine up hopefully this weekend.

Mines a little different application tho. Its the Lt1 383 stroker.

The compression we figured on mine was 11:0 But im using stock heads and cam! Im a poor boy! Hopefully can upgrade that stuff later.

I have assembled the motor myself but parts and machine work on mine came to 2100$ for short block. I think you could save A grand by parting one together and building it yourself. But if you got the money to spare thats cool! I like saving every dime I can personally!
    WOW man that blows.... No, I bought the entire short block through Texas Speed, so i hope i dont fall into any problems with the crank. Cause it is a Eagle forged Crank. Man that is shocking as hell though. It is a good think you checked that out man. Cause that would make one shitty day when you start it up for the first time...

TVR Cerbera

As promised, this is crank power not at the wheels. 538.9bhp 531.8lbs, ink is nearly out on his printer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information