01 WS6 Trans Am 02 LS1 engine Rebuild

This is a discussion on 01 WS6 Trans Am 02 LS1 engine Rebuild within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I took some time and looked at some of the post like this and will try and give the most ...

El Paso

2001 WS6 Trans Am

01 WS6 Trans Am 02 LS1 engine Rebuild

I took some time and looked at some of the post like this and will try and give the most specific info I can...
    I spun a crank bearing on the 02 LS1 engine I bought from a salvage yard. I don't remember how many miles were on it but I know that I only put 10,000 miles on the engine. Other than the spun bearing I have not had any other problems with it.
    Now it is time to rebuild the engine. I have taken everything to the mechine shop the block heads and pistons where cleaned check. Was told they are good and can be reused. one rod needed to be replaced, and the crank needed to be replaced. I got a used stock crank, had it checked. So for the purpose of this rebuild, the lower rotating assembly will be stock. I will be keeping the stock heads. I want to put a cam in it, I am wiling to replace almost anything around the lower rotating assembly and heads to get more HPand TQ. I have spent some time looking at stuff here and there and will continue to do so through this process. I would really love to get above 400 RWHP out of this engine. I am on about a $4000.00 budjet. This car will not be a sole daily driver because I do have a truck, But with it sitting for over 2 years now I really want to get back the OMFG feeling I have when I first got it!!
    This is the base rebuild kit I was looking to buy off of ebay, item number 300658378227 please feel free to give me feedback on this kit also.
    I would really love some build recommendations based on the info given, and of course I can give more specific info if needed. Thanks in advance for any help that comes out of this!!

Branchville, NJ

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Just call Texas Speed. They will take very good care of you.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Thread Information