Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Tripleb45's Firebird 383 Stroker build log

This is a discussion on Tripleb45's Firebird 383 Stroker build log within the Member's Rides forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mht9GWB9Y4w[/ame]...

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    45

    Forest Green
    1994 Firebird Formula

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mht9GWB9Y4w[/ame]
    Last edited by tripleb45; 08-06-2010 at 07:09 AM.

  2. #22
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I'm not sure what the hell your problem is.. But I sure was'nt attempting to say an LT1 is better than an ls1.. YOU said a stock LT1 (which is a 350 sbc) could'nt hold 500 hp on stock internals.. I also said he could hit stock ls1 numbers with junk yard parts on an SBC and that's a FACT!
    Please show me where I said an LT1 couldn't hold 500hp on stock internals?? You're talking about junk yard builds and posting up a solid roller and most likely high compression (if it is stock cubes) LT1....not thinking that's a scrap yard build but maybe that's just me.

  3. #23
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Which you just proved my point for me...Sounds like pretty close to LS1 stock numbers to me.. WITH just bolt ons.. 300whp is north of 300hp crank..As I said sounds close to stock ls1 numbers to me.. I don't care enough to continue @ this point so good day SIR
    No it proves my point that an LS1 is a better platform.

  4. #24
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    first thing lol.......dont compare apples to oranges

    LS over LT any day of the week/month/year.....everyone knows this, they just dont want to admit


    good luck OP you have a REAL project ahead of you there
    Thank you!

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    45

    Forest Green
    1994 Firebird Formula

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmJgK6Po8uU[/ame]

  6. #26
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    looks like you still have your bearings installed? youtube is not working with me tonight......and you have alot of paper weights there lol

    looking good so far....

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    45

    Forest Green
    1994 Firebird Formula

    how do I remove the bearings? what are the bearings?

  8. #28
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleb45 View Post
    how do I remove the bearings? what are the bearings?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_bearing


    you have crank bearings that the crank rides/sits on.....you can see them in the video i think (its all chopped up for me) there right on the mains

    they look like this....http://www.k9ape.com/new/CrankBearings.jpg

    and you have cam bearing witch i would let the machine shop take out

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    45

    Forest Green
    1994 Firebird Formula

    Thanks man.

    SN: Are you all still interested in the build? My last 2 (most progressive) videos have horribly low views. If you all don't mind help me out by viewing my vid and leave advice. Thanks guys this stuff is hard to do and does take time to make.

    [media][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmJgK6Po8uU[/ame][/media]

  10. #30
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Enough of the garbage, any more nonsense from this point forward and I am issuing infractions. Take it to PMs or drop it.

  11. #31
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleb45 View Post
    Thanks man.

    SN: Are you all still interested in the build? My last 2 (most progressive) videos have horribly low views. If you all don't mind help me out by viewing my vid and leave advice. Thanks guys this stuff is hard to do and does take time to make.
    yea.....keep posting updates, most people here already know the break down with there eyes closed so yea lol....with the build up there will be more posting and whatnot

    you might want to tell this section MOD or a supermod to make a copy of this thread and put one in the LT section

    now that you got it all apart.....how long until the rebuild?

  12. #32
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Enough of the garbage, any more nonsense from this point forward and I am issuing infractions. Take it to PMs or drop it.
    Posts removed................

  13. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    45

    Forest Green
    1994 Firebird Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    yea.....keep posting updates, most people here already know the break down with there eyes closed so yea lol....with the build up there will be more posting and whatnot

    you might want to tell this section MOD or a supermod to make a copy of this thread and put one in the LT section

    now that you got it all apart.....how long until the rebuild?

    Well a big secret is that I get a $4-5k check in october, plus my regular paycheck, so anywhere between now and october. I plan on getting it hot tanked on Friday so that is a video right there, and from that point I plan on taking to build up process into my house.

  14. #34
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleb45 View Post
    Well a big secret is that I get a $4-5k check in october, plus my regular paycheck, so anywhere between now and october. I plan on getting it hot tanked on Friday so that is a video right there, and from that point I plan on taking to build up process into my house.
    very nice.....what are the plans for heads? having those worked up OR going after market

  15. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    45

    Forest Green
    1994 Firebird Formula

    good question? Which one sounds better?

  16. #36
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleb45 View Post
    good question? Which one sounds better?
    well its all depends on your goals with the engine

    i like going after market b/c depends on witch ones you buy sometimes you can get a good heads (new) for the same price it is to have them all worked up

    AFR are REAL nice but are highend heads and thats if you want high goals for your engine, they sell from 2-$2500

    like i said its all on what you want out of your engine and what are the plans down the road

  17. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    45

    Forest Green
    1994 Firebird Formula

    I want it to be fast and intimidating, but I don't want to spend too much on it. will the stock heads work? If they can what harm will it do to have stock heads on a 383 set up?

  18. #38
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    what size cam you going with? you going full exhaust? (not those shortys headers) you need longtubes

    M6 or A4 trans?

  19. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    45

    Forest Green
    1994 Firebird Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    what size cam you going with? you going full exhaust? (not those shortys headers) you need longtubes

    M6 or A4 trans?
    All those are questions I am trying to figure out. I am def going with LT's , don't know what size cam maybe a LT4 hot cam, I guess that is what it is called. I may be going magnaflow, or Borla, I would like to do cut outs. What is the dif between M6 and A4? What should I do with my stock trans? It was in good shape.

  20. #40
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleb45 View Post
    All those are questions I am trying to figure out. I am def going with LT's , don't know what size cam maybe a LT4 hot cam, I guess that is what it is called. I may be going magnaflow, or Borla, I would like to do cut outs. What is the dif between M6 and A4? What should I do with my stock trans? It was in good shape.
    A4 is auto (4spd,4l60) M6 is 6spd (t65)

    check into..... mark (http://www.kyspeed.com/index.php) parts and whatnot OR lpparts.com (headers)

    IMHO the LT4 cam is a waste....i would get a custom grind, they can make a cam to fit your engine setup and what you want out of it soooo thats something to look into

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Lq4 408 stroker build help
    By ManMuchwano in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-21-2015, 12:22 AM
  2. LS3 Stroker Build Done!!
    By Blue_01_Z28 in forum General Help
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 04:17 PM
  3. LS3 Stroker Build
    By Blue_01_Z28 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 06:27 PM
  4. Need help! Want to build a LT1 stroker!
    By jmangler in forum LT1
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 01:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •