fbody98

Question about my 98 formula??

I used to have a 96 formula and just got a 98 formula a couple of month's ago and looking around for parts and stuff for it I found that alot of people said that a ram air formula is a rare firbird... is that true?? here is a cut and paste of one guy from another forum that wrote..
    they did make formula ws6's untill 2000 and they are the rarest bird out there...
    mine does not say ws6 anywhere on it. it just says formula. does anyone know if they made a ram air formula in 98 or did somone convert this car into a ram air?? here are some pics of it.. thanks for the help.
    Chris

Black
    99 SS

does it say WS6 or WS9 on the inside door jam where the rest of the codes are?

fbody98
    I just went out and checked it says ws9

Black
    99 SS

that is the code for formula i think, it might be one though not sure, need more input from other guys out there.

fbody98
    it honestly don't look like anything really got tampered with on it. everything looks factory there is no overspary anywhere on the car where somthing might have been painted ( but they could have painted the parts first) but im just wondering if I got ahold of somthing that might be somewhat rare because like I said in a alot of the forums I have been too I was looking for spec's for my car and found that almost every site that had anything on a 98 formula ram air said that it was a very rare car.. so I am just trying to find out how true that is??

Black
    99 SS

sorry not true WS6, found the RPO codes for all GM cars the WS9 is just the Formula upgrade, you need the WS6 option and you dont have it. but maybe the hood came factory? i dont know if it can be ordered like that?

http://www.marshu.com/ws6-firebird-c...codes-2000.php

fbody98
    Thanks alot for the info. I kinda already new it was a formula though because it has all the formula emblems on it.. and I know if somone converted it they would have had to spend a ton of money to make it look like a ws6 but now my question is, is it as rare as I have been told it is?? and does it make it worth any more or less??

Thread Information