Thread: Pics of the V

Black
    2005 CTS-V

Pics of the V

Bought last Wed took some pics. It an 05, LS6, 6spd, 29k miles, no sunroof, totally stock. Putting a slight tint on the tail lights as we speak, going to black out the grills gloss black and lower here in the next two weeks or so.

red
    95 Z28

Looks good man. How much?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Nice looking car. Do the muffler delete and you will love it. How does this compare to your TBSS? Would I regret going from my V to the TBSS?

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    Nice looking car. Do the muffler delete and you will love it. How does this compare to your TBSS? Would I regret going from my V to the TBSS?

Probably depends on what you want out of the vehicle. The V is faster, handles better, brakes better, gets better mileage, is likely quieter, and may ride better. The TBSS can haul more, has more room inside, and can tow.

Black
    2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    I cant say there is much comparison, an suv is an suv. The tbss was quick, but when it got up there in speed due to the weight it got pretty slow. Cornering was not the best because of the weight and its an suv, the breaks were to small on the tbss. Gas milage was the most depressing thing for me, I have to drive 75 miles a day and I was filling up every four days which added up to me spending around $550.00 a month alone on gas! The V costs me $25.00 less to fill up every tank and I can go 60+ or so more miles every tank. The V is an overall better car to drive. The power is amazing, and the overall handling is ten times better. The overall quality is also better as well, the feel of the car reminds me a lot of my Audi S4. I probably will do the muffler delete, the Vs stock exhaust already sounds good, so I can imagine tweaking it a bit will make it even better! Just blacked out the tail lights and side markers I will post pics here tomorrow.

Thank thing is sick looking!!!

Red w/ silver Stripes
    2000 WS6 6 Speed

sharp ride

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by WS6SP33D View Post
    sharp ride
    +1 looks great!

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Bamfin06Tbss View Post
    I cant say there is much comparison, an suv is an suv. The tbss was quick, but when it got up there in speed due to the weight it got pretty slow. Cornering was not the best because of the weight and its an suv, the breaks were to small on the tbss. Gas milage was the most depressing thing for me, I have to drive 75 miles a day and I was filling up every four days which added up to me spending around $550.00 a month alone on gas! The V costs me $25.00 less to fill up every tank and I can go 60+ or so more miles every tank. The V is an overall better car to drive. The power is amazing, and the overall handling is ten times better. The overall quality is also better as well, the feel of the car reminds me a lot of my Audi S4. I probably will do the muffler delete, the Vs stock exhaust already sounds good, so I can imagine tweaking it a bit will make it even better! Just blacked out the tail lights and side markers I will post pics here tomorrow.
    Interesting. How much was it?

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Thought they switched to the LS2 in '05 like they did with the GTO? I could be completely wrong...

Black
    2005 CTS-V

It was 25k, but when they came out with the V they put the LS6 in it from 04-05 and the goat got the LS1. Then in 06 they switched over to the LS2. Overall the only difference is the LS2 produced more torque at higher rpm's but the numbers are exactly the same.

Black
    2005 CTS-V

Its getting darker, pics of the tail lights and the side markers blacked out. Car is filthy, cutting wood in the garage plus black car equals one filthy bitch! This up coming weekend I am clearing the amber running lights and ordering lowering springs!

I didnt go all the way black with the tail lights I still wanted some red to show.

Mask that off!

Took me a good 30+min

red
    95 Z28

I'd rather have the LS6. The LS2 is the red-headed step child of the LSx engine family.

Might want to get the aftermarket rear suspension linkages if you're going to drag race it. They have some issues with breaking things if abused.

Black
    2005 CTS-V

No plans of drag racing her, just a nice fast dd works for me. Yeah the LS6 is one of the main reason I wanted an 05, the thing just sounds evil its awesome!

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Looks nice.

Thread Information