Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 196

New SOM SS

This is a discussion on New SOM SS within the Member's Rides forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Well as of today the WS.6 was sold, been a hell of a car but i've always wanted an SS. ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    New SOM SS

    Well as of today the WS.6 was sold, been a hell of a car but i've always wanted an SS. Finally found a decent candidate, 2001 sunset orange SS one owner car, almost 97k on it. Its a hardtop, cloth interior, no traction control, only options are power windows/locks.

    Interior is near perfect, all it needs is a new dash pad. Exterior is pretty clean, small nicks here and there but very minimal, headlights need cleaning up. Biggest issues are clutch hydraulics are bad, and rear main seal is leaking oil. Should make out to be a real nice car once i get to it.

    Been pretty well taken care of, looks like it's never been cleaned under the hood before though
    Here are some pics i snapped when i was picking it up.







  2. #2
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Nice score. Looks like the driver side was jacked up in the wrong spot too.

  3. #3
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Nice score. Looks like the driver side was jacked up in the wrong spot too.
    Yep i saw that when i was checking it out yesterday, the tab underneath needs to be bent pack in its original place. Really loving the color

  4. #4
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    dam thats a hardtop...no fair bro lol

  5. #5
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    now i follow. with a little TLC i'm sure you will have it in the condition you really want it in. love the color. congrats on getting what you have always wanted and the FM5s would look beautiful on this car.

  6. #6
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    now i follow. with a little TLC i'm sure you will have it in the condition you really want it in. love the color. congrats on getting what you have always wanted and the FM5s would look beautiful on this car.
    told you it was coming eventually. also really want to find myself a cme setup

  7. #7
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    told you it was coming eventually. also really want to find myself a cme setup
    i just didnt expect it so quickly. i'll let you know if things change with mine. you'll be fist on the list but I think I'm going to love it once it is on the car.

  8. #8
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    i just didnt expect it so quickly. i'll let you know if things change with mine. you'll be fist on the list but I think I'm going to love it once it is on the car.
    ill be waiting for updates

  9. #9
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Wow! That was fast Congrats, Alex! You got your SS That's a great color too.

    So.... did the wheels go with the bird or did you keep them?

  10. #10
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    Dammit tater you go through cars like 2001camaroSS goes through wheels!! Nice score man, always get what you really want Oh and loving the hardtop!

  11. #11
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Wow! That was fast Congrats, Alex! You got your SS That's a great color too.

    So.... did the wheels go with the bird or did you keep them?
    Wheels are sitting in my garage, debating what to do
    Wouldn't sell them yet, you still haven't came and tried them on your car
    Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Dammit tater you go through cars like 2001camaroSS goes through wheels!! Nice score man, always get what you really want Oh and loving the hardtop!
    Thanks man
    And I had my fun with wheels, when i had my 98 Z28 i went through a bunch of different style wheels before i found the iforged wheels.

    stock, SS 10 spokes, C5 magnesium, weld draglites, C5 thin spokes, then iforged
    all in one year

    Just not sure if i wanna stick them on this car or not

  12. #12
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Just not sure if i wanna stick them on this car or not
    Do it! Do it!

  13. #13
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Do it! Do it!
    I agree with her!!








    Or send them down to Texas

  14. #14
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    I agree with her!!








    Or send them down to Texas
    Oh no you don't! I have first dibs on them. All I have to do is get my ass out to FL

    It's a long drive though

  15. #15
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    i think i beat both of you lol i have the rims he wants hahahaahha

  16. #16
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    i think i beat both of you lol i have the rims he wants hahahaahha
    I want the rims he has

    I hate my stock wheels...

  17. #17
    Senior Member 98maro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north bay california
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,973

    Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

    nice car man... love the color.. mine is a hardtop too,,,
    my car was almost the same condition as yours... now is looking better..
    one other thing i noticed on yours..is the fucked up tint... mine had it the same as yours but took it off and put new tint on it..

    cant wait to see pix in the future
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

  18. #18
    Senior Member 2001camaroSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Posts
    3,508

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Dammit tater you go through cars like 2001camaroSS goes through wheels!! Nice score man, always get what you really want Oh and loving the hardtop!
    hey now, i was just buying time until i could afford the wheels i really wanted

  19. #19
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Do it! Do it!
    I've heard this before

    Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    nice car man... love the color.. mine is a hardtop too,,,
    my car was almost the same condition as yours... now is looking better..
    one other thing i noticed on yours..is the fucked up tint... mine had it the same as yours but took it off and put new tint on it..

    cant wait to see pix in the future
    Yep thats another thing, going in for tint this week. The slightly purple faded, bubbling, ugly ass tint has to go. Just thinking about what percentage to get. Was thinking 20% sides and rear

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    48

    Pewter
    2000 Z28

    Looks great!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •