Black
    2003 MazdaSpeed Protege

New Member, Returning to the f-body community...

Hey folks, after a 3.5 year hiatus i'm leaving the import world to return to my beloved f-bodies. I found a couple of local f-bodies that are to good to pass up and since i work less than a mile from my apartment gas isnt a big factor (besides my g/f has an eagle talon if we need fuel economy.) I'm selling my current ride....

2003 MazdaSpeed Protege #566 of 2750

15.052 @ 91.230 with 2.2 60 at 6.5 psi, 2861lbs with driver

To purchase a NBM 2001 Z28 T-Top M6 with black leather or a 1998 Torch Red T-Top M6 Trans Am. This will be my second f-body and my first LSX car.

Heres a pic of my previous f-body...

1991 Camaro Z28 A4 Aspen White w/ Caramel Interior 305 Tuned Port Injection, TH700-R4, Strange Engineering Geared 3.42 Posi 10 bolt

191rwhp/239ft lbs with fuel delivery issues
    9.0XX in the 1/8th mile with a 2.3 60 foot

I'm looking forward to owning another f-body and my dad is antsy to have another LS1 in the garage, heres his toy...

2002 Torch Red M6 Targa Corvette w K&N Drop In, Hurst Short Shifter, B&B Tri-Flow PRT Exhaust System...

Anyways thats all the important stuff.... Late

Edit: See attachments for pics, it wont let me link pics until i have 5 posts....weeee.

SUNSET ORANGE
    2001 PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6

WELCOME BACK.

Sweet vette. I love vettes. And that camaro is sweet. And the import glad you seen the light. Id say get the t/a but you didnt say if it was ws6. MY friend has a 99 torch red t/a. Its sweet but id go with the camaro.

Black
    99 SS

sweet!!!!!!!!!! what made you change your mind??

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that no matter how much money he dumped on it, he couldn't break 15s

Black
    2003 MazdaSpeed Protege

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    that no matter how much money he dumped on it, he couldn't break 15s

Actually its because i cant break the 300whp mark for less than $3500. I want more power than the car is capable of for a reasonable sum of money. I still love the import because it'll outhandle 97% of the cars on the forum but its just not as fast as i want it to be. And 300whp+ on FWD is kinda useless. I havent actually ran it with the current setup...

The 15.0 pass was made at 6.5 psi with just an AWR polyurethane front motor mount, since then ive added an injen cold air intake, turbo xs bpv, turbo xs mbc (set at 9 psi), awr polyurethane rear motor mount, crossover auto performance catless midpipe, aluminum hot side intercooler pipe, H20 intercooler sprayer. I havent run the car with the current setup. However for reference my friend has a 2002 mustang gt 5 speed with flowmaster 40 series and i pulled half a car on him from a 20 roll and stayed dead even with him from a stop before i upped the boost.
    Last edited by Ztwentyeight; 06-01-2006 at 09:51 AM.

Black
    2003 MazdaSpeed Protege

How many miles is to many miles on an LS1? One of the ones im looking at is a 1998 Trans Am M6 with 83k miles, and the other is a 2001 Camaro Z28 M6 and i can only guess on the mileage but they want $9500 for it.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i suggest you look for atleast an 00 or 01 model. Gotta rememeber, the ls1 came out in 97 on the vettes, then was refined of bugs, etc through the next few years.

Seriously, i think they are still "good cars" at 80k

Pewter
    1999 Chevy Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Ztwentyeight
    Actually its because i cant break the 300whp mark for less than $3500. I want more power than the car is capable of for a reasonable sum of money. I still love the import because it'll outhandle 97% of the cars on the forum but its just not as fast as i want it to be. And 300whp+ on FWD is kinda useless. I havent actually ran it with the current setup...

The 15.0 pass was made at 6.5 psi with just an AWR polyurethane front motor mount, since then ive added an injen cold air intake, turbo xs bpv, turbo xs mbc (set at 9 psi), awr polyurethane rear motor mount, crossover auto performance catless midpipe, aluminum hot side intercooler pipe, H20 intercooler sprayer. I havent run the car with the current setup. However for reference my friend has a 2002 mustang gt 5 speed with flowmaster 40 series and i pulled half a car on him from a 20 roll and stayed dead even with him from a stop before i upped the boost.
    Not a bad choice on a car with the Mazdaspeed. Those things are handling dreams. Props on some beautiful cars with great mods done to them all.

Black
    2003 MazdaSpeed Protege

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    i suggest you look for atleast an 00 or 01 model. Gotta rememeber, the ls1 came out in 97 on the vettes, then was refined of bugs, etc through the next few years.

Seriously, i think they are still "good cars" at 80k

I plan on leaving it very stock with exception of a whisper lid, k&n drop in, slp loudmouth, drop springs, wheels, and a system. and possibly a shifter.

Thread Information