Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

My new Ws6, Only 33k miles, Paid only 6k!

This is a discussion on My new Ws6, Only 33k miles, Paid only 6k! within the Member's Rides forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by HOBS Damn good find and I always heard stuff on the islands was more expensive. Congrats Most ...

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by HOBS View Post
    Damn good find and I always heard stuff on the islands was more expensive. Congrats
    Most of everything is, But he was in the military, And where moving at the end of the month so had to get rid of it before he was stationed somewhere else. Just right timing i guess.

  2. #22
    ;) Packy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Surf City, NC
    Posts
    2,503

    Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by FlipediS View Post
    Damn you know your stuff. Thanks for the help. Ill check the plugs latter today. But i plan on keeping it off nitrous. Though i have been thinking about putting heads and a cam on her, Just got to do a bit more research, because i don't have a clue on what size cam to put in.

    And i pulled a plug. And it is the NGK TR6, So guess ill swap them out. Thanks again for the help. Would of never thought of that.
    No worries mate! I have been around these cars for years. Anytime on the help. As far as cams go just make sure you look into the heads you are planning on getting to make sure the cam will work good with those heads. Also the best thing to do is look around at other peoples set-ups to see what is working for them. Remember bigger is not always better when it comes to cams unless you are in Texas nitrous air...

  3. #23
    BLKHWK Durango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Age
    47
    Posts
    881

    Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

    Deal of a lifetime

    Wow you almost just paid for the mods lol What a deal enjoy Just bring it to a shop that are familiar with these cars and change the trans fluid and filter plugs Gears are probably changed You might want to change the diff oil and check the gears then you'll know what you have and maybe the cam is in there already ask the previous owner Sometimes the clear can be fixed by sanding and re clearing the car I have a few bubbles and the I'm having it blend in

    Good luck and congrats !!!! It's worth double in my eyes easy cleaned up even more

  4. #24
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,704

    red
    95 Z28

    Be careful with the engine and driveline in that car. You get the feeling that car has been ridden pretty hard. Not an easy 33K miles I'm sure, especially some on the bottle.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Schmalgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, Ga
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,060

    04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

    Dang, that looks sweet underneath with all the mods mentioned...

    And hell yeah, keep the women away from this one!! Tell the next gf that bitches belong in the passenger seat, see how that goes over!! Was it the same ex that wrecked the one and stole the other, or two different exes? Sounds like some good stories there to tell

  6. #26
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    great deal on the WS6,I actually paid that much for mine with more miles,but very,very clean and well kept if I could have found mine in my favorite color SOM,but I will be painting mine this color so no biggie LoL!

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    16

    Bright Red
    1988 Trans AM 305 TPI

    Wow! 6K!!! Oh, in Germany you would have to add another 10K's... And that in Euros.... Have fun with that great red ride!

  8. #28
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Wow! 6K!!! Oh, in Germany you would have to add another 10K's... And that in Euros.... Have fun with that great red ride!
    Are you the Scorpion King by any chance? lol j/k

  9. #29
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    so whats the little screen?

  10. #30
    Junior Member ChevyLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Spruce Pine
    Posts
    61

    Sebring Silver Metallic
    1998 Camaro Z28

    Nice

  11. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    corpus christi
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3
    good find

  12. #32
    Member fil131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NM
    Age
    33
    Posts
    323

    NBM
    2002 NBM WS6

    Great deal, congrats

    Why not just put nitrous back on? Nitrous is an easy power adder, and can be activated when needed. And you can still add your heads and cam too. You can safely run up to 150HP nitrous setup on a stock V8. I wouldnt be concerned about it having nitrous previously unless you see signs of damage or if it wasnt running properly.

    Nitrous is 100% safe, as long as you have a good tune and you use it as you should (2500 RPM or higher @ WOT)

    You already have a lot of the parts needed.

    If you dont go with nitrous, I would probably just repurpose the switches for guage lighting or amp on/off... Who needs a little storage area there?

    Not trying to tell you what to do with your car, just making suggestions.

  13. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    40
    Thanks for the feedback. But right now not going to go nitrous. I actauly have just about all the parts to install my F1A procharger. Witch is a bit much for stock. And ill probably have to run a restrictior plate to cut down psi tell i can build a motor. But after i have it install i think my next project will be building a 408 for the f1a.
    Quote Originally Posted by fil131 View Post
    Great deal, congrats

    Why not just put nitrous back on? Nitrous is an easy power adder, and can be activated when needed. And you can still add your heads and cam too. You can safely run up to 150HP nitrous setup on a stock V8. I wouldnt be concerned about it having nitrous previously unless you see signs of damage or if it wasnt running properly.

    Nitrous is 100% safe, as long as you have a good tune and you use it as you should (2500 RPM or higher @ WOT)

    You already have a lot of the parts needed.

    If you dont go with nitrous, I would probably just repurpose the switches for guage lighting or amp on/off... Who needs a little storage area there?

    Not trying to tell you what to do with your car, just making suggestions.

  14. #34
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,704

    red
    95 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by fil131 View Post
    Nitrous is 100% safe, as long as you have a good tune and you use it as you should (2500 RPM or higher @ WOT)




    Tell that to all the people who had window switches, good tunes, etc and still blew up their cars. It happens more than you'd think. Anytime you add 50% more power to an engine instantaneously, bad things can and will happen.

  15. #35
    Member fil131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NM
    Age
    33
    Posts
    323

    NBM
    2002 NBM WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post



    Tell that to all the people who had window switches, good tunes, etc and still blew up their cars. It happens more than you'd think. Anytime you add 50% more power to an engine instantaneously, bad things can and will happen.
    You can easily add the same amount of power from heads/cam, turbo, or super... But usually will cost much more for the same HP and still blow up your anything... Just need to use it right and tune for it.

    I am currently twin turbo, and waiting for my nitrous to be delivered.

    Nitrous is no more than a turbo or a supercharger wrapped up in a bottle with more oxygen content per pound then the air in the atmosphere, and the nitrogen is there to keep the heat in check.
    Last edited by fil131; 06-09-2011 at 11:16 AM.

  16. #36
    Member fil131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NM
    Age
    33
    Posts
    323

    NBM
    2002 NBM WS6

    haha I just found a new saying for my sig from my post above.

    "Nitrous is no more than a turbo or a supercharger wrapped up in a bottle"
    Last edited by fil131; 06-09-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    02 NBM WS6
    APS TT LG Upgraded Snails
    317's
    60# Mototrons
    Tuned by Sean@Solid-Technology
    610RWHP

    Nitrous is no more than a turbo or a supercharger wrapped up in a bottle

  17. #37
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,704

    red
    95 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by fil131 View Post
    You can easily add the same amount of power from heads/cam, turbo, or super... But usually will cost much more for the same HP and still blow up your anything... Just need to use it right and tune for it.

    I am currently twin turbo, and waiting for my nitrous to be delivered.

    Nitrous is no more than a turbo or a supercharger wrapped up in a bottle with more oxygen content per pound then the air in the atmosphere, and the nitrogen is there to keep the heat in check.
    None of what your saying changes the fact that nitrous is far from a safe infallible power adder. And all power adders are not the same as far as how they apply more stress to a motor.

    Besides, only babies drink from bottles.

  18. #38
    Member fil131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NM
    Age
    33
    Posts
    323

    NBM
    2002 NBM WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    None of what your saying changes the fact that nitrous is far from a safe infallible power adder. And all power adders are not the same as far as how they apply more stress to a motor.

    Besides, only babies drink from bottles.
    I like that babies comment , but nitrous would be like feeding a baby steroids not milk .

    Didnt mean to steal the thread, again good deal on a great car, and please post up your results with the super on there when its done.
    Last edited by fil131; 06-09-2011 at 02:17 PM.

  19. #39
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,704

    red
    95 Z28

    I applaud you on your having an APS TT kit though. Cant go wrong there, that's some awesome stuff.

  20. #40
    Member Never-Enough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    203

    Atomic Orange
    2007 Z06

    Have fun w/it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Paid off the WS6
    By !!!FAST!!! in forum Western Members
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 09:20 PM
  2. Getting what you paid for... (rant)
    By knightryda01 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 11:23 PM
  3. Question: How much should I have paid?
    By WS6 MIAMI in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 05:10 AM
  4. I just paid off my!!!!
    By predator in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 10:23 AM
  5. Paid For!!!!!!
    By superchargedblackgto in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 07:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •