Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My first car

This is a discussion on My first car within the Member's Rides forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn Stop busting the dudes balls...I would have loved to have that car when I was 17. ...

Who you callin a wankel? transam kid 01's Avatar

Black
    2004 RX-8 6 Speed Manual

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Stop busting the dudes balls...I would have loved to have that car when I was 17. If you're still in high school...you're gonna get soooo much poon just for having that car. How much did you pay for it? You'll probably line up with a LS1 one of these days...you're gonna wish you bought a higher mileage TA But least you have a warrenty...and a nice car. Who knows...maybe you'll do a LS1 swap in that thing...would be awesome.

Im not gunna lie...i have not heard one thing bad about this car from my peers...they even said that it was fast...which i told them it wasnt ...but every girl seemed to think it is hott....and it is

18k with 8yr 100k BtB warrenty and 14k miles on it (2004) missing a few things, but i still it

and as far as a swap, i would rather get a t/a later on, and if i do work on this thing, it will stay a rotor, apparently you can make these things fast with a lot of cash and a lot of hours

thanks for the feedback

denn454
    not my cup of tea but for an import, i'd put it in the top 5. if you like it, and the chicks like it; thats all that matters. but i have to ask, did you buy it or did your parents?

definatly beats my first car, 75 chevy vega. i do miss that car, i got it with 24k miles (not a typo) but after a year it was replaced with an 87 buick t-type (grand national)

and for the guy that wanted an 87 aerocoupe, if your still have a burning desire to get one i have one, 26k miles. shot me an email. if not at least we know you have pretty good taste.

Black
    2004 RX-8 6 Speed Manual

Quote Originally Posted by denn454
    not my cup of tea but for an import, i'd put it in the top 5. if you like it, and the chicks like it; thats all that matters. but i have to ask, did you buy it or did your parents?

definatly beats my first car, 75 chevy vega. i do miss that car, i got it with 24k miles (not a typo) but after a year it was replaced with an 87 buick t-type (grand national)

and for the guy that wanted an 87 aerocoupe, if your still have a burning desire to get one i have one, 26k miles. shot me an email. if not at least we know you have pretty good taste.

I put down 13k, ive worked since i was 15....and i am going to pay the rest off...so the car is mine, everything that happens to it is my responsibility, but if there is ever a problem my parents would help me out....but i would def repay them

Black
    99 SS

cool man, good luck with it, and be carefull

denn454
    that definatly makes it much cooler. i had a friend whos parents bought him an escelade, yea it was an ok car and all but no one really thought it was all that cool since it was just given to him. glad to hear its really yours.

do they have turbo ones out yet? i've heard they do and that they don't. the other day i ran into one on the street and it sounded like it might have had a turbo on it (unless the motors whistle) and he slowly pulled on my 99 regal gs. definatly not fast cars but cool none the less.

Black
    2004 RX-8 6 Speed Manual

No turbo on the 8...the 7 has a turbo version and a twin turbo version...as for the noise, it was probably the rotar that you were hearing...they dont throw you back into you seat like the t/a, but they do move....and damn do they handle!

He also may have had added a rotar or turboed it...they can be quite the sleeper once time and money is invested (bolt ons really dont do n e thing...u need heavy duty work)

metalic blue, lime green
    01 ws6,70 cuda

nice car, dont wreck it as i did to my first car. baby that thing and then it will be worth more when it comes time to trade in for a ta.

S.W.A.P.

Milano Red
    '96 Civic CX '98 Civic LX

Quote Originally Posted by transam kid 01
    Thanks guys, i had tried to find a trans am, but couldnt get one with low miles in good condition for a good price, so i went else where, tried many cars, and just loved this one
    Um, you obviously didn't look hard than. The money you spent on that overrated thing is way more than you could have gotten a nice used T/A for. Atleast it has a good weight ratio.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

chill dont bust his balls, if he's happy i'm happy for him
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

S.W.A.P.

Milano Red

I'm not busting, just letting him know. I'm all about handling cars though.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

you guys are all acting like a bunch of ass holes to him, when someone buys a car if you dont like it shut your mouth. Think how you'd feel if you were all excited about your new car and someone shit all over you.

S.W.A.P.

Milano Red

How? They were recalled for being overrated when they came out. I like the cars for handling, good weight ratio. I have a 2.5 RS, it is slow, I went from a 12 second Trans Am, so it isn't like I'm busting his balls, just giving some view point from another perspective.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    you guys are all acting like a bunch of ass holes to him, when someone buys a car if you dont like it shut your mouth. Think how you'd feel if you were all excited about your new car and someone shit all over you.
    so if go to a mustang site and post my camaro, no ones will say anything. hummm. not to sure on that one. i said i would haven't done it. then he said he got many tickets, ect. that's when it all came clear. shouldn't try to post here with not having an f body and expect no one to say something, is it right no. but this is america, you say what you want and you do want you want. sorry to rub people but is you ask for an opion you will get one here. like it or not. opions are like assholes everyone has one.

p.s. good luck with your car "seriously"

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i didnt mean to insult anyone for expressing your opinions, like 1fastcamarosss1 said every one is entitled to one, i just felt bad for the kid.

its a lot diff from a dumb ass mustang owner posting on here

badass67
    Well, it is a nice looking car, specially for a 1st car.
    Damn, I was working since I was 14 and never had the kinda money to buy a car of that level when I was 17. Plus my Pops would not let me. I got to drive the 69 Falcon, then the 72 Chevy C10. The C10 was cool.

I did not get "MY" first car till I was 22.
    But I still have it and it truely is a BADASS67 Camaro.

Enjoy and please do not be stupid with it or be really stupid and D&D it.
    congrats.

charlesws6
    nice car wrong site

crazy3rdgen
    Damn i didnt know they had that much plastic in the bays???

Black
    2004 RX-8 6 Speed Manual

Quote Originally Posted by charlesws6
    nice car wrong site

Yeah, i have found the a good rx8 site, but i still would perfer a trans am

drewser
    Love the colour.. RX-8's are pretty sweet. How'd you afford a car like this for your first one.. They are like a $60k+ car here. Have you done any mods yet?

drewser
    Actually, speaking of price.. what's a new mustang go for in the USA? You can buy them new here from an importer for around $130k+ depending on the model (one model is around $150k ish)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information