Results 1 to 20 of 20

My Cars Page

This is a discussion on My Cars Page within the Member's Rides forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; 2001 Trans Am WS6 ASC# 3401 47k miles A4 Navy Blue Metallic 411rwhp/386ft/tq Performance Mods: TSP228R Camshaft 112LSA LS6 Ported/Shimmed ...

  1. #1
    KWK N NUF TheKitchenSink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Age
    31
    Posts
    574

    NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    Thumbs up My Cars Page

    2001 Trans Am WS6
    ASC# 3401 47k miles A4
    Navy Blue Metallic

    411rwhp/386ft/tq

    Performance Mods:

    TSP228R Camshaft 112LSA
    LS6 Ported/Shimmed Oil Pump
    Patriot Dual Valve Springs
    MTI Lid
    Pacesetter Longtube Headers
    Pacesetter ORY
    Magnaflow Catback
    GTP Electric Cutout
    SLP Line Lock
    Vigilante 3200 Stall
    Transgo Shift Kit
    Trans Cooler
    P&P Throttle Body


    Suspension Mods:
    Strano Lowering Springs
    Koni SA Shocks
    Spohn Panhard Bar
    UMI Relocation Brackets
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms
    UMI Torque Arm
    UMI SFC


    Appearance Mods:
    Silver Reflective Vinyl Overlays
    Tinted Windows

    Wheels:
    18" Boyd Coddington Smoothie II's
    Rear Tires - Nitto 555r (drag radials)
    Front Tires - Nitto 555
























    And heres another video I made includes me 11.97 @114 run

  2. #2
    R/A T/A SS/CETA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arkansas/Missouri State Line
    Age
    33
    Posts
    332

    Collector Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am CE

    Very nice mods, my man(or lady)! How did you create the light effect for the burnout? That's an intense picture!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Tyler_LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canby, Oregon
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,121

    Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

    Very nice! thats pretty much the exact same route ive been planning on going for my car as far as cam and suspension
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

    12.6 at 112

    http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

  4. #4
    KWK N NUF TheKitchenSink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Age
    31
    Posts
    574

    NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by SS/CETA View Post
    Very nice mods, my man(or lady)! How did you create the light effect for the burnout? That's an intense picture!
    I didn't have a line lock at the time so I was just holding the brake down and since it was getting darker out, it lit up all the smoke

  5. #5
    KWK N NUF TheKitchenSink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Age
    31
    Posts
    574

    NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    Very nice! thats pretty much the exact same route ive been planning on going for my car as far as cam and suspension
    Overall im happy w/ everything ive done. Im going to get a set of heads soon and then I dont know what.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    Sweet ride!!! Congrads!! Thats bad ass.

  7. #7
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    The MTI lid looks awesome!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Tyler_LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canby, Oregon
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,121

    Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink View Post
    Overall im happy w/ everything ive done. Im going to get a set of heads soon and then I dont know what.

    Il be getting the same cam, and have been thinking about going with texas speed and getting there H/C combo but am undecided on which heads to get.

    btw, how does it ride with that suspension set up? any wheel hop?

  9. #9
    KWK N NUF TheKitchenSink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Age
    31
    Posts
    574

    NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    Il be getting the same cam, and have been thinking about going with texas speed and getting there H/C combo but am undecided on which heads to get.

    btw, how does it ride with that suspension set up? any wheel hop?
    I had wheel hop w/ the shocks/springs/sfc's/panhard bar but after I put in the Rear LCA's and the Torque Arm it went away

  10. #10
    Resident Architect SS MPSTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    56

    Black
    1997 Camaro Z28

    I usually dislike the smoothie wheels, but they look absolutely perfect on your car!

    Five stars all the way around - nice job.
    Michael
    2007 C6 ZO6 M6, cam/exhaust
    1997 Z28 A3 385 12-bolt big cam/LT4 heads
    1967 Chevelle SS M5 496 12/2006 CHP Feature

  11. #11
    Junior Member BirdFlewLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I sleep in the house...Live in the shop
    Posts
    87

    midnight Blue
    '99 Trans Am ws7

    I love the car....I have the same color just dont have the hood, but soon i will. Do you run it at the strip? mine runs12.80's with no launch and traction control on on street tires, got some new slicks and line lock so i should beable to launch like a bat outta hell and take a tenth off or so.

  12. #12
    KWK N NUF TheKitchenSink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Age
    31
    Posts
    574

    NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdFlewLS1 View Post
    I love the car....I have the same color just dont have the hood, but soon i will. Do you run it at the strip? mine runs12.80's with no launch and traction control on on street tires, got some new slicks and line lock so i should beable to launch like a bat outta hell and take a tenth off or so.
    I took it once and ended up getting an 11.97 @114 I posted the youtube link at the bottom of post #1 that shows it to.

  13. #13
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,329

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Absolutely love the car man! Thats one of the most tastefully done WS6's I have seen.
    I have a question- I have a really bad back but really wanted to lower my car with lowering springs and get Koni SA shocks- is the ride really stiff/harsh? If the Konis were adjusted to the least firm setting would the ride be much stiffer/harsher then stock? Thanks in advance.

  14. #14
    Junior Member BirdFlewLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I sleep in the house...Live in the shop
    Posts
    87

    midnight Blue
    '99 Trans Am ws7

    our 99 30th car has the eibach kit....and it rides like a dream, it is hard to get out of tho. i love the look of the lowered cars but in a drag application its just easier to hook up and let it do its work the way it is at stock height(my 2 cents)

  15. #15
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,329

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    What shocks did you have on it?

  16. #16
    LS1 Inside Bigdeezs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    155

    Black
    1995 Chevy LS1 S10 Blazer

    Sick car...411 is stout with cam only through an auto.

  17. #17
    KWK N NUF TheKitchenSink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Age
    31
    Posts
    574

    NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Absolutely love the car man! Thats one of the most tastefully done WS6's I have seen.
    I have a question- I have a really bad back but really wanted to lower my car with lowering springs and get Koni SA shocks- is the ride really stiff/harsh? If the Konis were adjusted to the least firm setting would the ride be much stiffer/harsher then stock? Thanks in advance.
    Thank you I would say where I have my settings its a little stiffer then stock. I can still make them softer though, so on the softest setting I don't know how it would compare to stock. I'm sure you can get them to be pretty close to eachother w/ the proper settings though.

  18. #18
    KWK N NUF TheKitchenSink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Age
    31
    Posts
    574

    NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    Ordered Patriot Performance LS6 Stage II heads today. Should have those in about 2.5 weeks

  19. #19
    I lika da Chevy's LETHALxLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,329

    BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink View Post
    Thank you I would say where I have my settings its a little stiffer then stock. I can still make them softer though, so on the softest setting I don't know how it would compare to stock. I'm sure you can get them to be pretty close to eachother w/ the proper settings though.
    Thanks for the info.bro.

  20. #20
    Senior Member 01SOMSS!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oceanside,CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,518

    SOM
    01 Camaro SS

    very nice ride

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pics of hot girls on cars thread(cars optional)
    By silverWS6 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 10:04 AM
  2. Cars, Cars, Cars (Yard Full)
    By SHines-IT in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-31-2009, 09:42 AM
  3. Shaner TB web page
    By ss~zoso~ss in forum External Engine
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 11:23 AM
  4. what happen to this web page ?
    By gtopercy in forum Request and Feedback
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 05:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •