Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

red
    1997 Nissan with 02 LS1

My car...... what do you all think?

Hey guys, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post it here but here it goes...... I posed some pics here on another section and I got some good feedback. So I thought I should post it here to see what you all think. It's still uncommon here in SoCal but more and more are starting to pop up......

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

A ok in my book haha. Love the color. What car is that? Im trying to get my buddy with an 240 to say fuck an SR20 and put an ls1 in it.

Silver
    1997 Z28

Thumbs up

I like it!

Very tastefully built car.

Friend of mine is swapping an LSx into a G35 coupe... ongoing project but should be a sweet ride when it's all finished up. LSx swaps are the shit these days.

White
    2002 WS6

looks awesome...how about a pic with the hood down?

99FRC,00TA,98Formula
    91Firebird,88FieroGT

Very nice. I have only seen a few other swaps like that in socal.

Red
    2001 ws6

like what you did but from what i can see, the rims are a bit much IMO

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Nice, LSx swaps are becoming more and more popular. Still not a fan of imports but mad respect for LSx swaps.

White
    2001 SS #3504

Wow...

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Well you got a good start on the motor choice, now all you need is a decent body and frame! Rims are a bid gaudy and the body kit isn't that great. Paint looks good, but still anyway you look at it, in my books it's rice.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Well you got a good start on the motor choice, now all you need is a decent body and frame! Rims are a bid gaudy and the body kit isn't that great. Paint looks good, but still anyway you look at it, in my books it's rice.
    To add on that, I never understood why import guys put v8's in there cars. If you want torque to begin with, buy a v8 chassis. It's way cheaper to start with a stock platform. You never see v8 cars putting a 4 cyl in them.

Sidewayz Hat Police LS1TransHed's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

I dig it lol. Although personally, I really like S13s over S14s tho in terms of body styling. I wanna see the back of the car to be dead honest. If there is a fart can.... no love lol.

Silver
    1997 Z28

Wink

To add on that, I never understood why import guys put v8's in there cars. If you want torque to begin with, buy a v8 chassis. It's way cheaper to start with a stock platform. You never see v8 cars putting a 4 cyl in them.
    Because it's theIr car and they can do what they want with it.

Nothing wrong with taking a car, who's body style you like and swapping an american V8 in it. I plan on doing the same to a 3rd gen RX7.... not that it hasn't been done but I do like that swap a lot.

Sometimes you just have to get past the fact that it's not something YOU would do and try to understand that.... not everyone is after the same (vanilla) thing.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by SimmonsZ View Post
    Because it's theIr car and they can do what they want with it.

Nothing wrong with taking a car, who's body style you like and swapping an american V8 in it. I plan on doing the same to a 3rd gen RX7.... not that it hasn't been done but I do like that swap a lot.

Sometimes you just have to get past the fact that it's not something YOU would do and try to understand that.... not everyone is after the same (vanilla) thing.
    You say not everyone is after the same (vanilla) thing. but want to do a rx7 with a v8? Join the thousands that have done that....... Very original....

Silver
    1997 Z28

Cool

Myself... like a lot of people don't really care what others think about our projects. That was my point. Thanks for playing.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by SimmonsZ View Post
    Myself... like a lot of people don't really care what others think about our projects. That was my point. Thanks for playing.
    Well he obviously cared enough to make a topic "What do you all think"? That was my point. Thanks for playing.

red
    1997 Nissan with 02 LS1

Those who gave good comments, thank you very much. I really appreciate it. Those who disagree with what I did or think that my car is not as good, I respect your opinions.

I just wanted to do this swap for several reasons:

1. I love import body style, especially 240sx.
    2. My 4cyl. turbo blew so I needed a engine swap.
    3. LS1 is still rare swap into 240sx.
    4. I read about LSx engines and I really love the potential this motor can put out.
    5. I do drifting and having lots of torque at low RPM is what I was looking for
    6. LS1 engine is actually lighter than my original KA24DE 4 banger so the weight distribution 50/50.
    7. I can make this car smog legal in CA(although REF is no longer available)
    8. it was the best bang-for-buck swap over other engine swaps.

That pretty much what made me decide to go with this swap.

The wheels are little too bling....LOL. but this is how the VIP drift in Japan does.... and yes, it does have a little fart can in the back!!! LOL

Sidewayz Hat Police LS1TransHed's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

.... how does that sound then? lol

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by nmssr08 View Post
    Those who gave good comments, thank you very much. I really appreciate it. Those who disagree with what I did or think that my car is not as good, I respect your opinions.

I just wanted to do this swap for several reasons:

1. I love import body style, especially 240sx.
    2. My 4cyl. turbo blew so I needed a engine swap.
    3. LS1 is still rare swap into 240sx.
    4. I read about LSx engines and I really love the potential this motor can put out.
    5. I do drifting and having lots of torque at low RPM is what I was looking for
    6. LS1 engine is actually lighter than my original KA24DE 4 banger so the weight distribution 50/50.
    7. I can make this car smog legal in CA(although REF is no longer available)
    8. it was the best bang-for-buck swap over other engine swaps.

That pretty much what made me decide to go with this swap.

The wheels are little too bling....LOL. but this is how the VIP drift in Japan does.... and yes, it does have a little fart can in the back!!! LOL
    If you register or want to theres a website called nestreetscene.com and I have seen quite a few ls1 240 swaps and yes they came out pretty well like yours.

red
    1997 Nissan with 02 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by LS1TransHed View Post
    .... how does that sound then? lol
    it actually sound nice. it's got a deep rumble sound of LS1 but no fart or famous "honda" tin can noise....LOL. I have a Tanabe Concept G exhaust from the axcel back.... but the rest are 2 1/2 inch from manifold to the Y pipe and 3 inch from Y pipe back.

The Import look with Domestic rumble. I just love going into parking lots or gas station because a lot of people who is a car enthusiast look around for muscle car but they see a little red nissan pull up to a pump. the confused look on their face is priceless....lol.

red
    1997 Nissan with 02 LS1

If you register or want to theres a website called nestreetscene.com and I have seen quite a few ls1 240 swaps and yes they came out pretty well like yours.

thanks for the info. I'll check it out. Yes, more and more 240sx is doing LS1 swap. Not many are there in SoCal but a lot in texas and florida area.

thanks.

Thread Information