Thread: My 99 SS Camaro

Pewter
    1999 (broken) Camaro SS

My 99 SS Camaro

Well, I started looking for a Camaro SS or Trans Am WS6 around June of this year (07). One with a 6-speed manual and T-tops. It had to be T-tops. I love they way they look when they are off, and really love how I can keep the fullsize rear window and see through the tops when they are on. So I looked around with about a 20G price range (At 19 making 300 a week/1200 a month, I figured I could handle the upper $400 a month payment). Well, as I started looking around the amount of Trans Ams and Camaro SSs that were out there in a 200 mile radius of me shocked me. There was hardly any with decent milage and the options I wanted! I went to a GM dealer here and looked at a purple v6 automatic Firebird...yeah, worthless. Then I started looking at the Cadillac Vs (Uhm, yeah...they were just a little out of my price range). Then the salesman came over and had me look at a 04 CTS "VTXi". I've never heard of it, so I looked. It was a VERY Sharp looking car. 18" wheels, body kit, TRUE dual exhaust, 3.6L V6 auto with a decnt amount of power. I ended up buying it because I got frustrated with looking for an F-body.

About a week goes by and I'm driving around in my new Cadillac when what do I see. A 2002 SOM Camaro SS with T-tops sitting at the local lot. I stopped and looked at it. 65K miles, slick looking car but automatic. The price was reasonable at about 15G. But it was auto, and if I was going to get one, it would be manual. I passed.

2 months later, after a few runs at the dragstrip in the Cadillac, I realised I'm not the kind of person that's suposed to be driving a Cadillac. A 19 year old, who listens to Hard rock/Metal with tattoos and peircings...yeah, not the right car. I drove the car around for another month before laying eyes on a 99 pewter Camaro SS with T-tops at the same dealer as the 02 SS was at. I once again stop and take a look. It was a 6-speed manual, true SS with about 98K on the odo. I was hesitent about the miles, but when the salesman said Take it for a drive, I was hooked. The next day I went to the bank to see what my options were with my loan I had out on the Cadillac. They accepted a deal where I could put the amount the dealer wanted for the car under a new loan, and the rest I have left over would be in a seperate loan. The payments per month would be the same but it would only be for 3 years instead of 5. I went back the next day, Traded the Cadillac for the Camaro, got 6G back towards the other loan from the dealer, and I was driving a car that I actually wanted in the first place. Ever since then, I've been a lot happier about the money I'm shelling out for the car. 485 a month for the car, 125 a month for insurance on both the Camaro (full coverage) and my beater Honda wagon(liability only).

Now that you understand the story a little (There's a lot more in between, but I didn't want to bore you guys too much. haha). So without anymore delay, here's the pics of my pewter 99 Camaro SS with 104K on the odo.

The last pic was taken by my salesman, right after I cleaned out the Caddy and finished with the paperwork.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Looks like its been well taken care of and congrats on picking it up

You should check out the thread below if you haven't already

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60262
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Pewter
    1999 (broken) Camaro SS