Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

My '01SS build - aka OVRKILL

This is a discussion on My '01SS build - aka OVRKILL within the Member's Rides forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Likin the hydro too!! 4 sure ! It adds a whole new look to the parts you put them on ...

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Likin the hydro too!! 4 sure ! It adds a whole new look to the parts you put them on makes them look less cheap as our cars with all the plain black plastic tend to look and the color and design you chose is perfect.Ive seen the website for hydro coatings and they have some real crazy looks. Great job!

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by xssv View Post
    Thanks Alex.....lol, couple guys on Tech aren't "feeling it"

Project OVRKILL: The BLING Phase!!! - Page 24 - LS1TECH
    I applaud you for doing something different. My fogs are never on and i think deleting them really cleans up the front end. If my car ever goes in for paint i'll definitely keep this in mind. The grill came out nice but i think it's something i'd have to see in person.

Pewter
    '00 SS

You really do great work. I love it. Was just tellin someone how much I wish I had a space to do this myself, someone with me that knew exactly how to do it and I would love to do it on my own. I bet the satisfaction of that would be an amazing feeling.
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    I applaud you for doing something different. My fogs are never on and i think deleting them really cleans up the front end. If my car ever goes in for paint i'll definitely keep this in mind. The grill came out nice but i think it's something i'd have to see in person.
    I know, I wish he had done this lat year, Ive been through 3 bumpers this year and def would have considered deleting mine

01 SS

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    You really do great work. I love it. Was just tellin someone how much I wish I had a space to do this myself, someone with me that knew exactly how to do it and I would love to do it on my own. I bet the satisfaction of that would be an amazing feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    When i read it ,i was like..''no fog lights- i dont know'?...But when i saw it.. damn if it doesnt look cool! I like it! It adds a uniqueness to the build.. I always thought that a splitter/air dam under our f-fascia would look good too..make it look lower at the bottom? I think your fogless mod is great!
    Likin the hydro too!! 4 sure ! It adds a whole new look to the parts you put them on makes them look less cheap as our cars with all the plain black plastic tend to look and the color and design you chose is perfect.Ive seen the website for hydro coatings and they have some real crazy looks. Great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post

Appreciate the props guys....glad the details are translating as planned. Hard to visualize things when they're in boxes all over the place. Probably would change a couple things, but pleased on how it's coming together. The grille is still 50/50 as far as a "go" is concerned, but really has to be seen in person to be appreciated or photographed better. Hard to catch the "coolness" in a garage with bad lighting.

Biggest hurdle to overcome is getting it to run as it should. Laundry list of open issues to cover prior to, during and after. Has to be this week if this project is to stay on track. Stay tuned.....

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    I know, I wish he had done this lat year, Ive been through 3 bumpers this year and def would have considered deleting mine
    3 bumpers? what happened?

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

well i had my original factory bumper, (#1), i parked too close to one of those concrete parking things and cracked it. Wife freaked out and bought me a new bumper (yes sir) so I got it painted and put it on myself(#2).... NINE days later someone wasnt paying attention backing down my street and rammed my car, that did in my bumper, hood, and headlight, so i got it all replaced (#3)....i actually had to get that redone because they cleared it on a humid day and left a haze
    Last edited by Spikito; 10-01-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

well i had my original factory bumper, (#1), i parked too close to one of those concrete parking things and cracked it. Wife freaked out and bought me a new bumper (yes sir) so I got it painted and put it on myself(#2).... NINE days later someone wasnt paying attention backing down my street and rammed my car, that did in my bumper, hood, and headlight, so i got it all replaced (#3)....i actually had to get that redone because they cleared it on a humid day and left a haze
    WOW....Well i gotta say the 3rd one looks as good as the 1st one ! I like the " i parked it too close to one of those concrete parking things and it cracked'....it just cracked?...cause you parked too close? Or you hit the concrete thing.....I know what you meant but it just sounded funny! Ive done similar things so........your not the only one. No worries cause your ride looks clean ! Cant even tell! Good luck !

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

oh yeah, the car looks way better now, insurance even over estimated so i got a set of 6LE whistlered headlights and got my spoiler repainted.

where I work has those concrete parking things which i clear easily, but on the back side of the lot is a walkway, its about 2 feet below ground level on one end, and 3 feet above on the other. its actually level and the parking lot has a sleight side to side elevation.

So i parked like normal, but where i happened to be, the sidewalk is just a few inches higher than the barrier, so i cleared it, but caught the sidewalk with the bottom inch or so of my bumper

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

^^ Yeah i know all too well how those things happen its funny how all it takes is one little mishap and ~crunch~..wrinkle.. crack,,,and there you have it! Our cars werent really meant to be derby cars LOL they crack like egg shells BUT shine like an Easter egg!! gotta love `em....

01 SS

A little shop time...at present all systems are go. Power, turns over, holds fuel pressure (thank God!!)....couple electrical items to clean up, shorten the dshaft,turn the key and pray.

Back home still adding bling

Smoothin the welds...

Smittro likes this.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Awesome, man. Great attention to detail. Love the plate

01 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Awesome, man. Great attention to detail. Love the plate
    Thanks.....lol'd a little when we came up with it. Of course I was drinking at the time, so everything was funny

Little progress on the AC stuff this morning. Ready for lines, final polish and install.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

oh yeah, the car looks way better now, insurance even over estimated so i got a set of 6LE whistlered headlights and got my spoiler repainted.

where I work has those concrete parking things which i clear easily, but on the back side of the lot is a walkway, its about 2 feet below ground level on one end, and 3 feet above on the other. its actually level and the parking lot has a sleight side to side elevation.

So i parked like normal, but where i happened to be, the sidewalk is just a few inches higher than the barrier, so i cleared it, but caught the sidewalk with the bottom inch or so of my bumper
    Whats the ''whistler'' headlights do/look like how are they different the factory?

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Coming together real nice! yeah in likin the plate too! thats a true statement im sure!! But very well worth every dollar spent. are you gonna make SEMA ?...

01 SS

Whats the ''whistler'' headlights do/look like how are they different the factory?
    FWIW, I have them......had them painted Storm Gray instead of black. Stock lights, just split apart, painted and resealed.

Coming together real nice! yeah in likin the plate too! thats a true statement im sure!! But very well worth every dollar spent. are you gonna make SEMA ?...
    Car will be there whether it runs or not....hoping to turn ther key this week.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

^ Thanks i wish i could make it ,Vegas isnt that far but the funds arent there for me this year.. Yeah i hear you on the ''runnig or not thing''..hell it looks so good it dont need to run,,it looks like its running when its standing still...a Killer!!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Let's try to keep the conversations not related directly to his build in PM's. Thanks guys.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

i like the polised parts im doing the same thing right now. where did you get the bolts and the cool red washers at?

01 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    i like the polised parts im doing the same thing right now. where did you get the bolts and the cool red washers at?
    Hillco sells the washers. They also provide chrome bolts...they're just metric button heads.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information