Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    1987 chevy camaro

Looking for some off road advise ( 1981 k20)

hey everyone ive been gone for a while but I'm back now. been driving my 00 ta t56 car for about 5 months now and put about 4000 miles on her but I am going to buy a lifted up 1981 k20 pick up with a 6inch suspenstion life 3 inch body lift, 35 micky thompsons, custom and well tucked up exhuast, 4bolt 350 board over .30

but heres the thing, i know where to find parts for bikes, and cars but ive no idea where to find parts for this truck .. like a nice offroad push bar/bumper , winch, and bed cover and so on can anyone help me find info on this!

Jeep
    CJ7

4wheelparts is a pretty good place ussually they have web site and stores throughout the country not sure where the closest one would be for you, also craigslist often has a lot of good stuff.

red
    95 Z28

Another good way you can locate retailers is go to the magazine store and buy a 4 wheel and offroad or similar magazine. Lots of adds in those.

black
    1987 chevy camaro

4wheelparts- Can't find anything for that truck. CL is a no go. manganese have not looked yet but lookin for something online. and I can't weld so I just can not make one.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

another place to check is jc whitney....they carry a lot of that kinda stuff.

ford ranger

Check out LMC also. Huge selection.

black
    1987 chevy camaro

Checked out JCwhitey they have alot of goo parts for cheap!

where would I look to get a nice bumper/ push bar or would that have to be made at a fab shop?

where would I look for a hard bed cover too?
    mo

Black
    F250

Check out http://pirate4x4.com , they are a huge 4x4 forum with parts and info for you. You can also check out http://coloradok5.com/ Its a k5 forum but lots of activity, the bumper stuff your looking for is the same for your truck as a k5 blazer.

I'm suprised 4wheelparts didn't have a bumper. Warn used to make a nice one for those trucks. Good luck and pls post pics.

And if your looking for a bed cover I think they're universal. My friend built a bed cover out of wood and astroturf. You might be able to find one at a truck cap retailer, or a shop that sprays bedliners.

ford ranger

Be careful on Pirate the guys on that board can be brutal.

black
    1987 chevy camaro

worse than here? lol

ford ranger

Ya they can be down right assholes. Some of the guys think they are gods of the off road world and say whatever they want. Don't get me wrong there are some really knowledgeable guys but you just have to watch so you don't get torn to shreds.

black
    1987 chevy camaro

sounds good, going to try and test drive her on friday/saturday.

but so far just coming up with a price list of what I THINK It needs ( or the project will be getting so i can creat a budget.)( and yes i know budgets get surpasssed quite often.......hence my 87 iroc and my 05 r6....

called up the rhino linning place here ( fredrick md ) gona cost about 500-600 for the linning.

So...... 2k for the truck mabe ill need another 4k to get it where i like it.... hehe ( no but relisticly ( sp?) 2k im guessing for :
    bed liner, hard cover, side marker lights, new carpet,headliner, flywheel cover. and some spray paint.

now the wish list
    is front bumper with winch,
    nicer wheels wich are black and have a beadlock on em.( has american racings on em)
    tint
    want H.I.D
    and some good back up lights
    new interior.

is it possible to trade the bench seat for two bucket seats?

black
    1987 chevy camaro

So I just noticed that this was in the member rides sectoin.....Is this the correct location for this thead?

I also just got off the phone with the owner, It's starting to look abit fishy...... he told me he dones know how much milage is on the motor wich is .30 and the turbo 350 runs strong but he has the fly wheel cover for it.( wich is good ) but what bugs me is that he says it needs a powersteeing pump. ( no big f'in deal right?) but when I asked him when icould test drive the truck he made a hole big stink how it has no power steering and its hard bla bla bla.....Now I am ready to just walk away from it.No way I am going to buy a truck that I've never driven.....

So what do you all ls1 pepole think.

1. should I push harder for him to let me drive this truck and see if I like it?
    2. tell him to fck off and find a different truck? ( why would someone not want you to test drive a vehical if they are trying to sell it, unless something is wrong with it?
    ( test drive not a problem with tags.....got a dealer plate)( so he cant bitch that tags are dead or anything)

what should I do? Like its a nice truck and already has alot done to her, its solid for the most part( 1 inch rust hole on driver side floor board..easy fix.) talked to my pops about it and he told me just man up and by a newer truck ( 2000-2010 truck) but that would cost alot more coin...wich I dont have 7k plus mods....... instead of a 2k truck and putting 2k into it and being happy with it?

ahhhh!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I wouldn't buy shit that I couldn't drive first.....suckers bet right there.

black
    1987 chevy camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I wouldn't buy shit that I couldn't drive first.....suckers bet right there.

Not going to buy it I just off the phone with him and he was saying I would be buying the truck as is and he is not letting me to test drive it.b/c it does not have the power stearing working....(big damn deal oooo no power steeing) but I think he is just trying to play me as a retard. like he looks at me as a kid that doesnt know shit about shit/ and my gf as just a chick that he wants. ( my gf knows just as much about trucks and cars as i do. I know my fair share. not saying im some master ASE tech (wish i was)

So now I'm look for a truck like a k20/ k5. 80-90's truck like that
    that already is lifted and some tires too so if anyone knows of any around md im down.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-...item3a5b18f07d

i want a truck like that but dont have 5+ i have a max of 4k
    Last edited by toxik iroc; 05-21-2010 at 09:53 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by ToKiC IROC View Post
    Not going to buy it I just off the phone with him and he was saying I would be buying the truck as is and he is not letting me to test drive it.b/c it does not have the power stearing working....(big damn deal oooo no power steeing) but I think he is just trying to play me as a retard. like he looks at me as a kid that doesnt know shit about shit/ and my gf as just a chick that he wants. ( my gf knows just as much about trucks and cars as i do. I know my fair share. not saying im some master ASE tech (wish i was)

So now I'm look for a truck like a k20/ k5. 80-90's truck like that
    that already is lifted and some tires too so if anyone knows of any around md im down.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-...item3a5b18f07d

i want a truck like that but dont have 5+ i have a max of 4k
    damn, that truck is clean. I was going to tell you to send them a message and tell them if it doesn't sell you'll give them $4k cash but I'm betting there's no way they're going to come down to 4 for that....that's a nice truck. Could do it anyhow for shits and giggles I guess but I doubt it'd happen. Never can tell though.....maybe they're desperate.

black
    1987 chevy camaro

yeh that truck is real clean , but im looking for something more along the lines of mostly stock but with a lift and tires already its fun building em up

Black
    F250

Any of the 73-87 chevy/gmc trucks can be had for a descent price if you look long/hard enough. Out my way there are tons of them.

And to bad your not out here in CA. I have a 74 k5 blazer with 3/4 ton (k20) axles, 15" lift with 44" tires i would give ya pretty descent deal on lol

black
    1987 chevy camaro

what do you all think about this one?

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/1840039685.html

I dont mind loooking for one in Navada just need pics and my gf dad would look at it for me/ pick it up if i bought anything

Thread Information